DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Descent Into Avernus Theme for 5E

I got inspired by Damned's Strahd theme and did a similar workup for DiA based on that one. I used the cover image for the background, and swapped out a lot of the frames for the chat box, hotkey bar, etc. I also fixed a few issues with the text button layout, replaced the leather background title panel, and various other tweaks. I've got two versions of this, one with the Text Buttons for the side bar like in Strahd, and one with the normal Icon Buttons, which makes it compatible with CoreButtonsFor5e if you prefer those.

I've check with Damned about using their work, and WotC tells me this is covered by the Fan Content policy.

Enjoy!

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice! I just started running this module. Might switch over.

That looks very nice!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thanks! My Photoshop-fu is pretty weak these days, but I managed to colorshift a lot of the stock art to coordinate well with the background. It's amazing what you can do with just tweaking the color curves.
    Things got a lot easier once I figured out that the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak in rulesets *weren't* encrypted, and I could just go look at what they did.
    I misunderstood a post about the .dat files in the vault being encrypted to mean that everything was. Oops.

Receiving the following errors when trying to load this theme in FGU:

[2/21/2021 9:12:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/moduleselection.lua"]:28: attempt to index global 'filter_ruleset' (a nil value)
    [2/21/2021 9:12:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "utility/scripts/moduleselection.lua"]:233: attempt to index global 'page_start' (a nil value)
    [2/21/2021 9:12:24 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_modules_filter_open) in class (bettermoduleselection)

This theme is unlikely to work unless the author changes the buttons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't have FGU, so hard for me to fix this. I just copied Damn's Strahd version and changed some art, though. If his has been updated maybe I can make the same change? Or if someone can tell me what it needs to be I'm happy to update it. But I'm still running classic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickSaada View Post
    I don't have FGU, so hard for me to fix this. I just copied Damn's Strahd version and changed some art, though. If his has been updated maybe I can make the same change? Or if someone can tell me what it needs to be I'm happy to update it. But I'm still running classic.
    The ruleset updated were for both FGC and FGU. Updates to fix this should work on both platforms.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So I upgraded to the latest build and I don't see these errors. Are you sure that's from this extension? What else are you running? I also tried Curse of Strahd and that worked fine too.
    The only effect I got from upgrading was that the lovely icon buttons I had (Core Sidebar for 5e) stopped working, which is sad and unfortunate. Is there a way for me to download the previous version so I can get them back?

Quote Originally Posted by RickSaada View Post
    I got inspired by Damned's Strahd theme and did a similar workup for DiA based on that one. I used the cover image for the background, and swapped out a lot of the frames for the chat box, hotkey bar, etc. I also fixed a few issues with the text button layout, replaced the leather background title panel, and various other tweaks. I've got two versions of this, one with the Text Buttons for the side bar like in Strahd, and one with the normal Icon Buttons, which makes it compatible with CoreButtonsFor5e if you prefer those.

I've check with Damned about using their work, and WotC tells me this is covered by the Fan Content policy.

Enjoy!

Rick
    Hello, how is everything?
    Is it normal to stay like mine? Shouldn't it be centralized?avernus.png

Thread Information