DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 30 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Hi. Just downloaded the extension and checked it out. Has been really good so far. Like it a lot. I did notice the traits that come on your character sheet are just the race tab and not the actual trait. For example, I built a goliath and the traits: mountain born, powerful build and stone's endurance just took me to the race (goliath) and I had to scroll down to the abilities and click on the info button there to see what it did. The features seem to be working good though. Also it would be great to be able to pull over the parcels from Rob2e module that has the backgrounds and class inventory parcels into the character build. Not a big deal to do after in the character sheet but would be nice to do everything in one place. Trying a spell caster next. Great extension so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Haer View Post
    Ok i must be dumb, but where do i download this extension? I see the attached file and paper clip image, but theres nothing to click on to download the extension? Thanks for any help.
    Haer, I had an issue like that where the FG forums were loaded with the wrong vBulletin theme (it was is white/blue), and attachment download links weren't showing up. I fixed it by deleting my cookies for fantasygrounds.com and refreshing; after that, the correct FG-based brown/orange theme loaded and forum posts displayed properly.

My players used it to create four characters this week. They found it easy enough to use, especially after manually attempting to create characters the week before (I had them redo them to try and minimise stuff missed out) I’ll go over the sheets and try and see if traits etc were skipped over. As someone else mentioned the ability to add default starter gear would be great but I’m not sure that information is baked in in a usable form the the players handbook. A couple of notes:

The save button tripped up one player, she clicked it thinking it was the right thing to do only to discover it finished the process before she has added her spells.

The duplicate skills prohibiting the saving wasn’t obvious to one player. I knew what was up and steered him right, the warning is there just maybe making it more glaring?

Quote Originally Posted by DK1138 View Post
    The save button tripped up one player, she clicked it thinking it was the right thing to do only to discover it finished the process before she has added her spells.
    Good point, I'll add a confirmation in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DK1138 View Post
    The duplicate skills prohibiting the saving wasn’t obvious to one player. I knew what was up and steered him right, the warning is there just maybe making it more glaring?
    It may be changed to a prompt asking for a free choice since that seems to be what the rules intend.

New version 0.3.0601 has been added.

I changed the filter so all the missing Subraces are now appearing. This also means that depending on what books you have open, there may be some duplicates. Let me know what your impression on the duplicate selections is.

I've added links to Races, Subraces, Skills, and Spells on the race page. The UI layout is what worked best for both FGU and FGC but I'm open to input on changes.

Also, I fixed the script error that was happening to a few folks here in the forum where they would get a spell script error upon saving. This has also allowed me to fix a related error in the inventory cost system which will be added back in when I get to the inventory page.

Let me know if you have any problems, and thanks again for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    New version 0.3.0601 has been added.

I changed the filter so all the missing Subraces are now appearing. This also means that depending on what books you have open, there may be some duplicates. Let me know what your impression on the duplicate selections is.

I've added links to Races, Subraces, Skills, and Spells on the race page. The UI layout is what worked best for both FGU and FGC but I'm open to input on changes.

Also, I fixed the script error that was happening to a few folks here in the forum where they would get a spell script error upon saving. This has also allowed me to fix a related error in the inventory cost system which will be added back in when I get to the inventory page.

Let me know if you have any problems, and thanks again for all the help!
    i love the new organisation. and the clickable links are good too. i would prefer a second window within the ui of the extension itself. so as you click it it auto displays the info for your choices. rather than a pop out. i think that would look smoother.

but the sub races being inside the main races looks neater. but this error happens when i click elf, dragonborn and a few others. also ravenite should be under dragonborn as a choice. and human variant should be under human as should be half elf variant under half elf

Screenshot_1.png and teifling variant under teifling. it would look a bit neater. as would putting the "mark racial choice" within their respective racial catergory.

also [Ui} is there any chance i could drag the corner to the extension to have a bigger view to save me from scrolling?

Good morning and thanks for the update!

[DATA]
    I'm showing something interesting as a bug. When I select the language as part of the race workflow, no matter what I select it lists the language as "Terran".

Example.png

Edit: Actually, I get different results depending on the race. I did a Sun Elf and when I picked Dwarvish for my language it gave me "Toll the Dead"

Example 2.png
    Last edited by Rivanknight220; June 1st, 2020 at 16:21.

[RACE]
    Script error at hobgolin selection as race

HobGob_Script.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rivanknight220 View Post
    Good morning and thanks for the update!

I'm showing something interesting as a bug. When I select the language as part of the race workflow, no matter what I select it lists the language as "Terran".

Example.png

Edit: Actually, I get different results depending on the race. I did a Sun Elf and when I picked Dwarvish for my language it gave me "Toll the Dead"

Example 2.png
    I found the same issues when I tested on FGU. I added it to the known issues before releasing the update. It only just started, so I'm going to have to see why it's happening in FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    but the sub races being inside the main races looks neater. but this error happens when i click elf, dragonborn and a few others. also ravenite should be under dragonborn as a choice. and human variant should be under human as should be half elf variant under half elf
    There are some issues with FGU that just popped up this update that weren't there before. It's all working in FGC so I'm going to see what happened to cause these errors specifically in FGU.

Thread Information