DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 30 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...d=LGP062PI035E
    In the store, screenshot 3 and 5 are exactly the same. I'm not sure if the publisher accidentally added one twice or if the second is replacing one they wanted to include. But as a fan of their work, thought I'd point it out.

It is a 5e book even though a store issue not a content issue, so posting in this thread. If there's a better place, let me know. Thanks!
    What has this got to do with the subject of this thread?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for making this, it'll be a great help when it's fully functioning.

One thing that has struck me though, is that at the moment it feels like the interface has been designed by someone well versed in 5e, for whom choice of race, sub-race and class (plus class choices once leveling up is included) will be almost automatic as they know what each is. My worry though is that the people who will gain the most benefit from the wizard will be new players, for whom each choice will require a full reading of the flavour text, fluff, crunch and mechanical explanations.

At the moment every time I click on a new race, sub-race, class etc. a very small pop up window appears which requires a mouse move, resizing, reading, scrolling and closing, then a mouse move back to the part of the screen containing the other selections. Whereas I know I'm going to play a half-elf wizard, my new players often have very little idea till they've picked and pecked and poked around at all the possible options, which multiplies those mouse moves and clicks a huge amount. This applies to all information presently presented in pop out windows.

Would it be possible to expand the size of the wizard to include much of this text, which is then just replaced when another option is clicked on? I think this would be a massive quality of life improvement for my new players, who want to dive deep and explore many of the options available to them when creating their characters? The more the mouse can remain in the choices/options part of the wizard, whilst still being able to review the relevant text, the smoother I thing the whole process will feel.

I'm very excited to see how this develops.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Thank you for making this, it'll be a great help when it's fully functioning.

One thing that has struck me though, is that at the moment it feels like the interface has been designed by someone well versed in 5e, for whom choice of race, sub-race and class (plus class choices once leveling up is included) will be almost automatic as they know what each is. My worry though is that the people who will gain the most benefit from the wizard will be new players, for whom each choice will require a full reading of the flavour text, fluff, crunch and mechanical explanations.

At the moment every time I click on a new race, sub-race, class etc. a very small pop up window appears which requires a mouse move, resizing, reading, scrolling and closing, then a mouse move back to the part of the screen containing the other selections. Whereas I know I'm going to play a half-elf wizard, my new players often have very little idea till they've picked and pecked and poked around at all the possible options, which multiplies those mouse moves and clicks a huge amount. This applies to all information presently presented in pop out windows.

Would it be possible to expand the size of the wizard to include much of this text, which is then just replaced when another option is clicked on? I think this would be a massive quality of life improvement for my new players, who want to dive deep and explore many of the options available to them when creating their characters? The more the mouse can remain in the choices/options part of the wizard, whilst still being able to review the relevant text, the smoother I thing the whole process will feel.

I'm very excited to see how this develops.

Cheers,

Simon
    second this.

a display info part to your choices would be very helpful [UI]

Great character wizard in the works. Very helpful and nicely put together.

One issue I think I found...if I make a Dragonborn it does not create a racial breath weapon combat action. Reading the known issues does this fall under those?

Cvapture.JPG
    I put the extension in this folder. I don't see a character generator when I load FG. What am I doing wrong?

Did you activate the extension before you loaded your campaign and if you did you don't see a new button. You get an option when you open up the PC window down by the edit button to run the generator.

Great concept! I look forward to seeing this develop further. Would be nice to have the ability to fully randomize the complete character creation process. I would like to be able to roll randomly for race, class and background from the available options (based on the content the user has installed) as well as additional features with each of the subsections below:

Race: would like to have expanded menu for choosing or randomly rolling for gender, age, height, weight, skin color, eye color and eye color

Class: would like to have option to create character at any level rather than just level 1.

Background: would like to have expanded menu for choosing or randomly rolling for alignment, deity, personality traits, ideals, bonds, flaws and any optional background choices (i.e. skill proficiency, tool proficiency, language, etc.). Also, provide option to choose either standard starting equipment or starting gold depending on class/background chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    As long as the material is official Wizards of the Coast, it should pull in all class and their specializations. If it is not, then that is a bug.
    Sorry for repeating (post #84 in this thread) -- I did list some WOTC material that is not pulled in, so per your note would be a "bug."

Elf shows subrace choices of Dark Elf (Drow), High Elf and Woof Elf.
    Missing from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes= Eladrin, Sea Elf, and Shadar-Kai
    Missing from Sword Coast Adventurers Guide = Moon Elf, Sun Elf

Dwarf shows subrace choices of Hill and Mountain
    Missing from SCAG = Gray, Gold, and Shield Dwarves

(sorry if you replied previously to that post, this thread is pretty active and it is easy for me to miss something).

Quote Originally Posted by mshall View Post
    Sorry for repeating (post #84 in this thread) -- I did list some WOTC material that is not pulled in, so per your note would be a "bug."

Elf shows subrace choices of Dark Elf (Drow), High Elf and Woof Elf.
    Missing from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes= Eladrin, Sea Elf, and Shadar-Kai
    Missing from Sword Coast Adventurers Guide = Moon Elf, Sun Elf

Dwarf shows subrace choices of Hill and Mountain
    Missing from SCAG = Gray, Gold, and Shield Dwarves

(sorry if you replied previously to that post, this thread is pretty active and it is easy for me to miss something).
    Confirmed, with Player's source loaded, these are missing
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information