FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 40 of 58 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last
    I've been using this for a couple of days now (5E), and generally loving it. The fact that windows actually take up the amount of space that they do visually and I can click on what I intend to all the time is such an upgrade over the official D&D theme.

My only small complaints are:

1. Background faction colors on the combat tracker are pretty similar. If the green/yellow/red of friendly/neutral/enemy could be slightly more prominent (lighter shade/tone?) that would be awesome.

2. Similarly, the gray background for a selected layer when editing and image is barely darker than the background gray, making it difficult to see which layer is currently selected.

3. The font color in some places of editing an image is very difficult to see (light yellowish on white background):

-Blur percentage and all slider values in FX (e.g. Snow - Amount/Intensity/Speed/Size).
    -Width/Height/Shadow/Fade in Paint
    -Speed in Light Behavior
    -Grid Type icon

I don't think this is something that can be done here, but is there a way to scale text only without scaling the whole UI? I've love for all text, or at least story entries to have slightly larger text without making the UI bigger (already at 135%).

[Displays: 2x Gigabyte 31.5" SS VA 3840 x 2160 4K (UHD) Display Curved Gaming Monitor.Viewing Angle 178°(H)/178°(V).
    8-bit color / 93% DCI-P3 / 123% sRGB / VESA Display HDR 400]

Everything else is AMAZING as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    I've been using this for a couple of days now (5E), and generally loving it. The fact that windows actually take up the amount of space that they do visually and I can click on what I intend to all the time is such an upgrade over the official D&D theme.

My only small complaints are:

1. Background faction colors on the combat tracker are pretty similar. If the green/yellow/red of friendly/neutral/enemy could be slightly more prominent (lighter shade/tone?) that would be awesome.

2. Similarly, the gray background for a selected layer when editing and image is barely darker than the background gray, making it difficult to see which layer is currently selected.

3. The font color in some places of editing an image is very difficult to see (light yellowish on white background):

-Blur percentage and all slider values in FX (e.g. Snow - Amount/Intensity/Speed/Size).
    -Width/Height/Shadow/Fade in Paint
    -Speed in Light Behavior
    -Grid Type icon

I don't think this is something that can be done here, but is there a way to scale text only without scaling the whole UI? I've love for all text, or at least story entries to have slightly larger text without making the UI bigger (already at 135%).

[Displays: 2x Gigabyte 31.5" SS VA 3840 x 2160 4K (UHD) Display Curved Gaming Monitor.Viewing Angle 178°(H)/178°(V).
    8-bit color / 93% DCI-P3 / 123% sRGB / VESA Display HDR 400]

Everything else is AMAZING as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
    Hey there Matt, thanks for trying out my theme and the detailed report. Let's get into it:

1: A lighter shade would cause contrast values to not reach a ratio of 7:1 anymore. I'll look if I can tweak it a little but I don't think I will change it up a lot. I will test different border styles though.

2 + 3: This unfortunately is locked somewhere in the source code and not editable my be (at least last I checked and asked around). I'll see if I can change the background to a lighter hue for better contrast. The whole Image Window area is a mess, some parts are accessible, some are not and some I simply don't know where to look. But I'll probe again for input on the issue(s).

Fonts: Unfortunately the FGU UI is a rigid and static behemoth. Any more drastic changes to the font size will cause cut off text everywhere. I'll take a look if I can selectively change the Story Entry Font sizes, but chances are high that this isn't possible.

Thank you for your feedback, especially from someone with a curved screen as well (Oddysey G9 Neo 5120x1440 here). Are you using HDR all the time? This can drastically alter the contrast values which are very important with Hearth theme.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I do use HDR all the time... I just switched it off to test... There is a difference. Everything probably looks very, very slightly better without HDR, but not enough to warrant switching in and out of it.

Regarding #1 above. A more vibrant green/yellow/red border around each CT entry would be amazing to help differentiate them at a glance.

For #3 above... one more place where it's very light yellowish on white: Layer Names during editing.

For font sizes... I know there is "Large Fonts" extension by Celestian on the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/376/view). The increased size from this is just a little too much. It would be amazing to have a middle ground (haven't requested with them yet) or better yet a value that could be configured on the fly like /scaleui.

Again, thanks for everything. These are minor nitpicks.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I do use HDR all the time... I just switched it off to test... There is a difference. Everything probably looks very, very slightly better without HDR, but not enough to warrant switching in and out of it.

Regarding #1 above. A more vibrant green/yellow/red border around each CT entry would be amazing to help differentiate them at a glance.

For #3 above... one more place where it's very light yellowish on white: Layer Names during editing.

For font sizes... I know there is "Large Fonts" extension by Celestian on the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/376/view). The increased size from this is just a little too much. It would be amazing to have a middle ground (haven't requested with them yet) or better yet a value that could be configured on the fly like /scaleui.

Again, thanks for everything. These are minor nitpicks.
    Give the attached version a try (CT area), I like it and will make this most likely the default.
    Do you have Discord? It's easier for me to talk and send files that way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Discord: Redacted

The CT is noticeably better, probably perfect. Thanks!!
    Last edited by rocketvaultgames; February 9th, 2023 at 18:35. Reason: Removal of Discord Name

Update to v2.9.19 - Hoarse Siren

Announcement:

Extension support update, minor UI adjustments.

Added Extension Support
    • Downtime Tracker by Mad Nomad

Theme Changes:
    • Changed CT Faction Colors to use a slightly more prominent hue.
    • Changed selected CT Faction Color frame borders to be more prominent.
    • Added double frame border to Hotkeybar.
    • Added double frame border to Radial Menu.
    • Added double frame border to Minimized Frame Icons.
    • More adjustments to the sidebar to be a little calmer.

Extension Changes
    • Adjusted Legendary Assistant by Stv to be in line with the theme changes above.
    • Adjusted all supported extension frames to use the new double frame border where applicable.
    • Added new shops icon for the Shops extension by Mattekure

Download:

Fantasy Grounds Forge
    (Run an update using the FG Client if you're already subscribed):
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/12/view

GitHub:
    https://github.com/SirMotte/FGU-Theme-Hearth/releases
    Last edited by SirMotte; February 9th, 2023 at 19:54.

As always, absolutely EXCELLENT release!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    As always, absolutely EXCELLENT release!!!
    Thank you

Amazing!

Just noticed (extremely low impact/priority) Bayne's Bag of Holding extension adds a tab to the Party Sheet that seems to use the default font color resulting in black on dark gray for that tab only.

Amazing!

Just noticed (extremely low impact/priority) Bayne's Bag of Holding extension adds a tab to the Party Sheet that seems to use the default font color resulting in black on dark gray for that tab only.
    Ah, I don't own that extension, I'll contact him.

Thread Information