FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 57 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    Love the minimalist look. Excellent work.

Would love to see an icon added for the 5E - Roll For Initiative Addon
    Attachment 36139
    I'm very happy you like it. I will add support for this extension with v1.2 coming by the end of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by cmtpcm View Post
    Love the hearth theme. Perfect mix of dark and warm.
    This may be way too much to ask, but is there anyway to make these compatible? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lder-Extension The base windows skin correctly, but when you use create item to add notes they load white.
    Thank you, the Hearth Theme is my personal favourite too!
    No worries, I will take a look at it asap. If everything goes well I'll fix it with v1.2.

Edit: Easily fixable! damned uses custom .pngs for the underlay, I just have to replace them. Full support will be added by the end of the week.
    Ps: You might want to use the PlayerAgency extension. As far as I understand damned doesn't update the worldbuilder standalone anymore.
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 28th, 2020 at 04:07.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Nice work!
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

As these look so nice, I was wondering if you had any plans for making some "bright"/"light" variants as well?
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 28th, 2020 at 19:25.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

You absolutely rock. Thank you so much.

You absolutely rock. Thank you so much.
    You're welcome .
    In case you will continue to use the WorldBuilder extension instead of Player Agency, you will have to rename the WorldBuilder.ext to something that is alphabetically prior to my Themes. Right now FGU doesn't honor load order, so the world builder will load after my extension, overwriting my changes! Just rename it to aWorldBuilder.ext and you're good to go. But I highly recommend to "upgrade" to Player Agency .

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    As these look so nice, I was wondering if you had any plans for making some "bright"/"light" variants as well?
    Thanks! I'm quite flattered. Who would I be, to deny a request by esteemed Styrmir?
    I'd be happy to create the"Sage Edition" as my way of thanking you for your 5E Enhancer. State your wish and it shall be granted! Something akin to the Mac-UI or 5E Wizards Theme? Or more muted in the beige/grey color spectrum?

Best if you could send some examples of what you're looking for my way and I will get to work asap.

Sage Edition 0.1 Preview.png This will require some intense fine tuning, but it looks promising I think.
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 29th, 2020 at 22:57.

Blog Entries
    Love the hearth theme. Perfect mix of dark and warm.
    This may be way too much to ask, but is there anyway to make these compatible? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lder-Extension The base windows skin correctly, but when you use create item to add notes they load white.
    Firstly this extension is deprecated... please use Player Agency.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    I'm very happy you like it. I will add support for this extension with v1.2 coming by the end of the week!

Thank you, the Hearth Theme is my personal favourite too!
    No worries, I will take a look at it asap. If everything goes well I'll fix it with v1.2.

Edit: Easily fixable! damned uses custom .pngs for the underlay, I just have to replace them. Full support will be added by the end of the week.
    Ps: You might want to use the PlayerAgency extension. As far as I understand damned doesn't update the worldbuilder standalone anymore.
    Ahhh and thank you - yes use Player Agency.

Yes it does use some new frames... Load order will becoming soon hopefully!

Thank you SirMotte, you flatter me, takes a courtly bow *laughs*.
    But I'm glad to hear you're enjoying my extensions, that's what they are for!

The reason I was wondering about bright or light versions was because I find my eyes tiring when reading white text on dark backgrounds after a while, and I really enjoy what you've been doing with the designs so far so wanted to use it in my games. The sage edition is looking pretty good I dare say, would love to get my hands on that as well.

My favorite design is probably the "Hearth" one so far. So if I were to make a request it would probably be something along the lines of a marriage between the hearth and sage editions.
    With the general key design points being:

• keeping the same GUI design appearance, icons and images as in the other versions
    • warmish colour scheme
    • black text for the most parts
    • white or pale backdrop where text appears to make it clear and easy to read
    • light background (FG "desktop" background)

But you seem to have a good handle on complementary colour schemes, so overall I'd leave it in your capable hands to decide what works and looks best.

Thank you for making these available to the community! I appreciate all to well that all these sort of things take a lot of work and time, and don't happen by themselves.

ps. I've been testing your themes together with the Better Menus extension (currently only works with FGC, as the minimize API is still missing in FGU) to see how that works out and it's like having a whole new sleek and modernized FG in your hands! These two together in FGU would be perfect.

Played around a little last night at an ungodly hour with the Hearth design as the base to spitball some ideas to try to reuse what you already have to minimize the changes you'd have to make.

• generous use of the bucket tool in Photoshop to add white / pale areas,
    • changed colour of headers to the lighter brown to match the header and field boxes
    • tried out some background
    • tested leaving the brown background for the character fields and roll output.
    • tried some combinations of the lighter brown for the abilities and save fields on the character sheet
    • typed in some black demo text on the character sheet to demonstrate idea

The brown on the character sheets and fields on the character selection screen looks kind of nice with the original design. Not to sure about what works best for the background, maybe some light warmish grey or light brown hue to the texture you use with long sessions in mind.
    Anyways, done in the middle of the night and only to play around with the first idea, nothing remotely close to a finished prototype. I'm sure you could do much better and with some tweaking make something that looks really good, whether you take something like this any further or come up with a fresh approach and idea entirely. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever you put together with warmish colours, as long as I can use it without my eyes tiring out on me lol. Time to go catch some zzz's..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 30th, 2020 at 05:26.

Thanks Styrmir for the detailed response! I'm currently at work, I will answer in detail this evening.

Regarding a combination of hearth and sage I will do some tests tomorrow. A tricky thing with reddish colors is their tendency to be "capped" at a certain brightness level or they become pink or very blown out (something to do with grey values, yaddayadda).

Simply merging them together doesn't work as the contrasts would be too crass.

I think this will end up to be more in the beige yellowish color spectrum as the color values are open to become very bright there. Stay tuned.

PS: In case you could help me with adding a script file into the extension I'd be very happy, please see this Thread. Edit: SOLVED! 1.2 is on the way now!!!

Edit:
    Made a quick and dirty test run. Needs balancing obviously, but could be a thing too. Another Edition it is then. Monk Edition 0.1 Preview.png

I will experiment with a more contrast rich approach, like your suggestion, in the coming days. Want to get 1.2 out the door first .

Oh and yes, I'm looking forward to when the needed FGU API is released for the better menus extension. I might suggest that we could look into collaborating there a little to use eg icons for the menu headers to save even more screen real estate? I'll make a mock up soonish and post it in the Better Menus thread.
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 30th, 2020 at 22:06.

That's brilliant SirMotte, you're a champ!

This is why you shouldn't do work in the middle of the night, be it coding or other, you are prone to making mistakes and making worse judgement calls. Looking at it today again, it is as you say, very hard on the contrast and would not have an overall pleasant cohesive appearance.

Great ideas going on with the Monk preview, I had a feeling that it would be better to just give you the flexible key design goals I'd like to see, and leave the rest to you!
    No hurry on the extension, I appreciate you're willing to do this, take all the time you need.

I think that's a great idea for the Better Menus extensions. To have an alternative versions (or better still a menu switch option with the extension) to switch between text only, icon only, icon and text menu titles.

As for the problems you're having with the calendar I've written a reply to you there: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...759#post514759
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 30th, 2020 at 18:52.

Thread Information