5E Character Create Playlist

How to make ring of Knock

Hi all,

I want to make a ring of Knock. I'm a noob but getting on fairly well with the system, it seems clunky when you first start using it but most things start to fall into place once you start using it.

Anyway, as mentioned I want to make a ring of knock. One use per day, probably 2 to 3 charges left and rechargeable. I can't seem to figure out how to do it!

What I normally do it drag and drop back on the list an item that is close to same as what your want to make. That makes an editable copy. Change things around in there to make reflect what you want.

Maybe ring of animal friendship would probably be the one I would make a copy of with drag and drop back on list method.

There is another way using the item forge but always it easier to do drag and drop. IMO
    Last edited by Beemanpat; May 17th, 2020 at 14:45.

There might be a better way, but I'd copy an existing magic ring (so the fields are all pre-filled), delete the description text, and change the title. Then fill in the description text field w/ what you want. Make sure to copy the Knock spell link to the description so you can easily see how the spell works.

Edit: ninja'd...
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

If your curious to learn the item forge here's a good video. Its not the most up to date but it will get you going. But again I usually do the drag, drop, and copy method.

https://youtu.be/xC0zwN0e3tk

Click on the item button and then right click and create new. Fill in the boxes with whatever information you need. Drag the knock spell and drop it in the description box.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Note, once you have created the item, after the player adds it to their inventory, they may want to make a power on their actions tab to track the charges and recharging of it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks peeps. Got it done now all apart from description.

Great response.

Thread Information