STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.2

It makes sense to me that not having the skill would be a higher penalty than having the skill but not at a high enough level. -4DM would be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Check the Errata, its from Mongoose direct.

That's the text direct.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Yes... I understand the new rule but I think the book example is not going to be a good match for a DM-2 as text on it shows a DM-3 situation instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Yes... I understand the new rule but I think the book example is not going to be a good match for a DM-2 as text on it shows a DM-3 situation instead.
    Hi Alfarobl,

I'm not understanding what you're saying. A book is a printed thing, it will never match any errata unless the book you have, is post that errata.

The FG Reference Manual will have the text updated.

Now reading the errata for the Armour Skill requirement.

Assume Armour needs Vacc Suit and we have 2 Travellers, Jim who has Vacc Suit 0 and Laura who has no Vacc Suit skill.

Jim will be on DM-2 for any skill/weapon action whilst wearing that armour.
    Laura will be on DM-3 for any skill/weapon action whilst wearing that armour.

Now Laura spends a year adventuring in the Trojan Reach and during that time manages to get her Vacc Suit skill upto 1. She's now on DM-1 for that same armour. If she got Armour with Vacc Suit 0 or Vacc Suit 1 she'd be without penalty.

The previous way (before the errata) as Emsdev mentions was that in our example, Jim would have been at DM-4 and Laura at DM-3....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Yes MBM sorry but as I said I understand it. What I mean is that the text you are going to edit on the Reference manual that example according to the updated Errata it says it will be DM -2 when if you read the example it says 'no Skill' so it should be DM-3 instead. But you will see it when you edit the text.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Yes MBM sorry but as I said I understand it. What I mean is that the text you are going to edit on the Reference manual that example according to the updated Errata it says it will be DM -2 when if you read the example it says 'no Skill' so it should be DM-3 instead. But you will see it when you edit the text.
    This is going around in circles.

This is the exact text that will be shown on the screen:

Some armours have a required skill. A Traveller suffers DM-1 to all checks taken in the armour per missing skill level. For example, a Traveller with Vacc Suit 0 skill who is in a suit that requires Vacc Suit 2 would have DM-2 to all his checks. A Traveller with no Vacc Suit skill has the usual DM-3 unskilled penalty instead.

I've had this approved by Mongoose as I wanted it to be clear.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That looks perfect as you removed the included example. Thanks!

I see what he is saying. On page 94 in the second paragraph after example; if you apply the errata as written the example will be incorrect. They say an unskilled wearing an armour with a skill requirement of 2 would be a -4DM. If you apply the errata that becomes a -2DM where it should be a -3DM because it is unskilled. So basically this example won't be a good example because it creates a condition where everything that follows the unskilled part is irrelevant because skill level minimums won't matter.

Edit: I spent so much time researching that I missed the resolve. I need to do this stuff at my PC and not on my slow Kindle Fire. Hehe
    Last edited by esmdev; May 21st, 2020 at 13:12.

Folks.

Have fixed the Full Auto ammo use as per the conversation today. This is in v1.1.2, I'll see if I can add it to v1.1.1 that's due to be released next Tuesday. There's a new system in use sending updates so I'll try it tonight.

Edit: Have sent the fix to FG, hopefully it can be released next Tuesday.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 22nd, 2020 at 00:09.

Folks,

Added tonight:

• Weapon Traits. Bulky and Very Bulky Traits now supported, negative DM's will be applied based on the Travellers STR against 9 (Bulky) or 12 (Bulky)
    • Weapon Traits. Dangerous and Very Dangerous Traits now supported, if the weapon attack effect is less/equal too -5 (Dangerous) or -3 (Very Dangerous) the weapon explodes

Tomorrow post work it's Friday Family Film Fun, so I'll be late coding, I plan to work on more effects/conditions. Fire is my next goal as that's ongoing damage.

Then over the weekend maybe some NPC stuff for you-know-who.

Once this update drops, I'll be focusing on fixing CSC issues etc, whilst we step up the Spacecraft dev as High Guard is so close, just data now.

Good night!

MBM

Afternoon All,

Done something that's been asked before and well I wanted for a while, so a free spot of time today as it's half-term from school so the girls can sleep.

• Skill Roll Results Effect. Is now shown separately from the main text, making it easier to pick it out.
    • Modifier Window. You can drag the above Results Effect into the Modifier window and it that will be the Modifier for the next roll.

This allows you to drag the effect result to the mod window and use that, which can be useful for chaining rolls etc.

Anyway, a small update and I think it makes the chat window a bit clearer as well.

Now looking back into effects/conditions

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 23rd, 2020 at 13:47.

Thread Information