FG Spreadshirt Swag

Loading AL modules to FGC / New to FGC

I just got my FGC Ultimate license and learning how this all works. I have downloaded alot of the free the AL modules from DM Guild. How do I load these onto FGC so they can be used.

Still attending FG College classes but trying to figure out how to load these modules so I can access them from the library.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    … I have downloaded a lot of the free the AL modules from DM Guild. How do I load these onto FGC so they can be used? ...
    Almost a week now, are you getting anywhere with this?

Probably the first thing for me to point out is: if the "free" modules you mention are pdfs instead of FG modules you'll have to import them. In my mind a very arduous process. So much so, that again, in my mind, the relatively low cost of purchasing the FG module (if it's available) is worth every penny.

(And no, none of the FG modules on DMs Guild are mine, I don't get anything from their sale. In general, I don't know the authors either. I gain nothing from the sale of a module other than my time saved.)
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Almost a week now, are you getting anywhere with this?

Probably the first thing for me to point out is: if the "free" modules you mention are pdfs instead of FG modules you'll have to import them. In my mind a very arduous process. So much so, that again, in my mind, the relatively low cost of purchasing the FG module (if it's available) is worth every penny.

(And no, none of the FG modules on DMs Guild are mine, I don't get anything from their sale. In general, I don't know the authors either. I gain nothing from the sale of a module other than my time saved.)
    I am working through it. I have a small group here to play with. I am hoping that FG College will host a class on how to take these AL modules and show how to import them into FGC. I know that some of the maps appear to be hand drawn so I may have to recreate this maps for game play.

I look forward to gaining the experience in doing all of this. It is a challenge which makes it more enjoyable. Is a process.

You should be able to copy the maps from the PDF, save them to your computer, and the drag and drop them into the "images" tab on fantasy grounds. Then you can set up the encounters associated with the map. When I am running an AL mod, that's usually as far as I go, and then I just use the PDF for the rest. Some people like to copy and paste the entire text of the adventure but that's too much work for me

I have acquired some software for extracting photos and/or maps....been taking classes on how to do all of this....i have bought some FG ready adventures for the group while I work on educating myself on how to get everything setup to import these .pdf modules into a .mod file. appreciate all of the help!!! been great!

Blog Entries
    @TXCBoy36 I compiled a list of resources a while back when I was starting the same journey, it’s a bit dated now but might be of some use: resources
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

A lot of the AL mods on DMsguild already have FG modules. If you turn on the format: VTT filter, mist (but not all) of those modules have FG modules bundled with the PDF. Several AL-legal Guild Adept mods also have FG modules.

Thread Information