Joshua Stream Pre
  1. #1

    Armor and Encumbrance

    I am not sure if this can be automated, but it would be nice.

    From page 92 of the Core Rule Book -

    The mass of armour is distributed around the body when worn properly, thus reducing its effective weight. You can reduce the mass of armour that is being worn by 75%.

    Is there a way to have armor that is worn have the encumbrance discount?

    Will9k

  2. #2
    I would think the easiest way to do this would be to create a clone of the armor with reduced weight. The biggest problem to automation is its not very smart. You couldn't really tell the automation if something was hastily put on or such. If I recall correctly backpacks reduce weight as well so it might be worth it to ask for automation anyways, but I might be thinking T5. It's hard when you play a mesh if two systems to keep them totally straight.

  3. #3
    Wait for v1.1.1 it fixes a bug, but I think in v1.1.0a you can reduce the encumbrance by making sure it's 'Worn' and not 'Carried'. Try it.

  4. #4
    MBM,

    I did try using the current ruleset (v1.1.0a) and it dose not work yet. Let's hope for V1.1.1.

    Will9k

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by will9k View Post
    MBM,

    I did try using the current ruleset (v1.1.0a) and it dose not work yet. Let's hope for V1.1.1.

    Will9k
    I sent off v1.1.1 last night, so fingers crossed it's in LIVE on/around 26th May, it should be in TEST from this Tuesday. I know it's working as I've been using it in my game and we played on Tuesday.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  6. #6
    Posting my question in this thread rather than clutter up with a new related topic.
    Referencing page 92. Paraphrasing, it says you can carry, in kg, the total equaling STR+END+Athletics(strength + endurance) skill level. Then it states that if you carry over this limit you suffer a bane to ‘...all physical actions...’.

    I totally separate rulings between MGT2e book and what FGU MGT2e has coded, I get that and am not complaining.

    My real question is the premise of what ‘all physical actions’ means.
    FGU is coded to not apply a bane, but replaces it with a encumbered negative DM. I am ok with this trade. What I have noticed is that the negative DM is only applied to raw STR, DEX, END checks only.

    Over on the Mongoose forum I got a consensus all physical checks included any skills relying on the STR, DEX and END stats...meaning shooting, jumping running etc. would have a bane until they dropped some gear.

    So while accepting the FGU neg DM trade, was it decided to only apply to raw characteristic checks? Historically my players have rarely required a raw check like that and I was hoping to apply the encumbered negative DM to their attacks and physical actions (helps create tense moment of wasting minor actions dropping gear etc.)

    Thank you MB once again for your time and programming!

    Deej

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    Posting my question in this thread rather than clutter up with a new related topic.
    Referencing page 92. Paraphrasing, it says you can carry, in kg, the total equaling STR+END+Athletics(strength + endurance) skill level. Then it states that if you carry over this limit you suffer a bane to ‘...all physical actions...’.

    I totally separate rulings between MGT2e book and what FGU MGT2e has coded, I get that and am not complaining.

    My real question is the premise of what ‘all physical actions’ means.
    FGU is coded to not apply a bane, but replaces it with a encumbered negative DM. I am ok with this trade. What I have noticed is that the negative DM is only applied to raw STR, DEX, END checks only.

    Over on the Mongoose forum I got a consensus all physical checks included any skills relying on the STR, DEX and END stats...meaning shooting, jumping running etc. would have a bane until they dropped some gear.

    So while accepting the FGU neg DM trade, was it decided to only apply to raw characteristic checks? Historically my players have rarely required a raw check like that and I was hoping to apply the encumbered negative DM to their attacks and physical actions (helps create tense moment of wasting minor actions dropping gear etc.)

    Thank you MB once again for your time and programming!

    Deej
    Hi Deej,

    A good find!

    Like Fatigued, seems Encumbrance has been changed over to add a BANE from MGT1E.

    I'll get this updated, and a fix released as soon as I can.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  8. #8
    Cool. So just a sanity check, when someone is encumbered, will the Updated FGU code...
    1. Apply a Bane instead of a negative DM Now?
    2. Will it apply to skills using STR, DEX, END now? (Where most in the MG forum said they interpret the rules that way)

    Deej

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    Cool. So just a sanity check, when someone is encumbered, will the Updated FGU code...
    1. Apply a Bane instead of a negative DM Now?
    2. Will it apply to skills using STR, DEX, END now? (Where most in the MG forum said they interpret the rules that way)

    Deej
    Hi,

    It will replace the -1 -2 etc with BANE, and only on the Physical characteristics like before.

    However to add a BANE dice is a tricky thing, but can be done.

    Cheers
    MBM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in