DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Character sheet and combat tab help needed

Hi,

I'm setting up for running my first game on FG. I am setting up a fighter character sheet. The longsword attack (weapon 1) on the combat tab gives a correct roll of d20 +9, but the basic attack power rolls d20 + 8. Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheo View Post
    Hi,

I'm setting up for running my first game on FG. I am setting up a fighter character sheet. The longsword attack (weapon 1) on the combat tab gives a correct roll of d20 +9, but the basic attack power rolls d20 + 8. Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Any help appreciated.
    Could be a number of things. Starting with an attack modifier on the power, or a false stat usage in the roll, or a penalty on the basic attack on the combat tab, or connecting the wrong weapon to the basic attack power. I'd have to have a look at the sheet really to tell what's wrong. Can you export it and post the xml file here, or at least make screen shots of the combat tab (with dropped down details on the weapon) and of the powers tab (with drop down menu on the basic attack power)?
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thank you. XML File.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Longsword bonus is +9

+1 half level
    +3 Ability
    +3 Prof
    +1 Wpn Talent
    +1 Hvy Blade Expertise

Okay here it is:

You put the "Melee weapon" into the keywords on the power. If you put that into the Range field as well, it calculates correctly, as THEN FG knows it's a melee power.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

You'll run into problems if your fighter uses Close attacks though, as you put the "+1" in the melee field of the combat tab. Usually it's better to just add the "+1" to the weapon (so on the weapon on the combat tab it would be proficiency, feat bonus from expertise and weapon talent, making it +5 instead of +4 on the attack side), and leave the Melee and Ranged fields (on the combat tab) alone. That way all powers that use the weapon calculate correctly.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Yes, like that. I'd also put the same calculation on the Hand Crossbow, making it +4 instead of +3...

... and I'd put the speed at base 6 (human) and Armor -1 resulting in 5 without the need of CRTL adjustment... but that's just me.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thanks. New issue, armour, there seems to be a +1 in the little oval in the corner skewing the calculation.

Thread Information