STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Creating a PC

Creating a PC

Is it possible to create a PC using the free version of fantasy grounds without buying the books? I am just contemplating becoming a DM using FG and will eventually have to purchase books but I would like players to be able to create characters on their own so I can import them into my game. I'm talking 2E version of DnD

Norm

Blog Entries
    Sure they can enter all the information manually if you/they want.

But doing this you won't be able to take any easy advantage of all the automation that the ruleset and FG offers to make games run smoothly. Plus, when you do end up getting the PHB or whatever down the road, you'll have to rebuild all the PCs anyways to take full advantage of the features and automation.

Smiteworks offers a no questions 30-day money back guarantee. Buy (or subscribe) and get the PHB. Take 28 days or whatever to figure out if this is the right solution for you and your players. If yes, amazing! If no, then get your rreeeeefund.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thank you so much, I've been noodling around a bit and have figured some stuff out but am now stuck on the languages portion. Is there a list of official languages supported by the game. It appears to want things in an exact format and I want to follow that format. IE If a person opts for Orcish but the program expects Orc, or gnomish as opposed to Gnome

Norm

Blog Entries
    Your language needs to be the same spelling as in the drop down. If you want to change the drop down list or extend it, just go into options and add/modify.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

I guess my problem is that I don't see a drop down menu for languages

Capture.JPG

Blog Entries
    Not on the character sheet.

Capture.PNG

- John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Not on the character sheet.

Capture.PNG
    The combobox is also on the chat window as well. Everything in there you can set as a language and as long as the text matches exactly it should work.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information