STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JuppKowalski View Post
    Hello,

i just tried out the Index Card RPG on Fantasy Grounds Unity yesterday. In my case no Bonuses are added to my dice rolls. For example, i roll "Weapon Effort" The Base is 0, Loot is +2 Total is +2. The +2 is not added to the dice roll. Can someone help, please?

Greetings

Jupp
    I've submitted the fixes to the folks at FG, and it should be coming through in the updates next week. If you're using the ruleset before then, send me a DM and I'll send you the updated files directly so you don't have to wait.

Is it possible to get it now?

Damage soak extension aren't work properly. Soak button aren't work and generates error communicates.
    On CT damages aren't distracted automatically from target's HP
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Santyagoffg View Post
    Damage soak extension aren't work properly. Soak button aren't work and generates error communicates.
    On CT damages aren't distracted automatically from target's HP
    I've been updating the extensions today. They have all been updated on the extensions post. the soak extension should work now.

Just bought the extension and a few things don't work on my side.
    - Death timer rolls but doesn't update the turn, it stays at 6
    - Death roll doesn't reduce the death timer it stays at 6
    - Other rolls seems finicky. Sometime it add, sometime it's not.

Also probably not sure what are Other Rolls and Effects. Any video tutorial how to use the character sheet ?
    For example i have weapon gem add a bonus to one weapon so how do you select a specific weapon it affect the weapon effort to ?
    This is why tough other rolls might be the solution for these items

Quote Originally Posted by CyberFranck View Post
    Just bought the extension and a few things don't work on my side.
    - Death timer rolls but doesn't update the turn, it stays at 6
    - Death roll doesn't reduce the death timer it stays at 6
    - Other rolls seems finicky. Sometime it add, sometime it's not.

Also probably not sure what are Other Rolls and Effects. Any video tutorial how to use the character sheet ?
    For example i have weapon gem add a bonus to one weapon so how do you select a specific weapon it affect the weapon effort to ?
    This is why tough other rolls might be the solution for these items
    I'll take a look at the death timers. I just did a quick test and I'm seeing different behavior in Unity vs Classic. It should be that rolling a death timer will change the duration of the "Dying" condition on that character in the combat tracker. The actual ticking timer lives as a condition in the combat tracker. For some reason this is working in classic but not in unity. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regarding other rolls and effects, those are going to be removed with the next update (this upcoming week, Tuesday I think). I've replaced those (quite hacky) methods with a much more robust action system that lets you create any number of actions with custom attempt and effort rolls, and effects. I put the details of the update another thread.

As for the weapon gem, until the updated Actions tab comes out this week, the easiest way to handle it is in the character sheet's inventory. I've attached a screenshot of a sample character's inventory for how I'd do it. The system should automatically parse any item you add and add the stats accordingly, but you can manually do it by putting the stat bonuses in the parenthesis, separated by commas. "(+1 STR, +1 WEAPON)". Then, as long as the item is equipped, it will add that as a loot bonus. Of course that adds stats globally, not just for a single weapon. For now (the next few days), that's something you'd have to handle manually. The new Actions tab will allow you to make a custom attack with +3 effort very easily.

I've considered putting out videos, I'm just not setup for that. I'll take a look again and see if it's something I can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have just gotten the update. Now it's much more intuitive. Good work. Are the Easy and Hard button below the chat box supposed to work for the GM or player only. Myself I can't get it to work. Not a big deal, it's all small things. Not like the players cant add or substract 3

Quote Originally Posted by CyberFranck View Post
    I have just gotten the update. Now it's much more intuitive. Good work. Are the Easy and Hard button below the chat box supposed to work for the GM or player only. Myself I can't get it to work. Not a big deal, it's all small things. Not like the players cant add or substract 3
    That's great, I'm glad the update is working for you. The EASY and HARD button only work with stats rolls made from either the PC or NPC sheets. They don't work with the standard dice that sit at the bottom of the window.

I'm getting an issue where I've built a piece of loot using the guidance in the effects thread, but it's not applying correctly after being added to the character sheet. It winds up looking like this:
    FG_error.png

As you can see, it adds an extra minus sign in some cases, but also reorders the bonuses and then incorrectly applies them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I'm getting an issue where I've built a piece of loot using the guidance in the effects thread, but it's not applying correctly after being added to the character sheet. It winds up looking like this:
    FG_error.png

As you can see, it adds an extra minus sign in some cases, but also reorders the bonuses and then incorrectly applies them.
    There's a few things going on here. First, the effects are meant to be used in the combat tracker. They won't work correctly in items. Instead, items pick up on the natural language present in the book to determine their bonuses. Instead of using 'CHA: -1', use '-1 CHA', for example. Below is an example of how its expected.

fg_icrpg_item.png

Secondly, there is an actual bug where negative values are parsed incorrectly and a second '-' is added. I'll look into this. It shouldn't matter for the purposes of automatically adding the loot bonus however. At least, it didn't when I tested it just now. All of the changes to loot bonuses were as expected.

Lastly, the reasoning behind the different syntax for items and effects is one of expected complexity. You should be able to create items and describe them in the exact same manner that the core rulebook does, and have things automatically work out what bonuses should be added. Effects are a Fantasy Grounds construct, and many rulesets use the same format when handling them. That's why the effects format is more complex.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit. Regardless, thank you for bringing this to my attention; I'll get a fix out soon. In the meantime, after you add an item to a character's inventory, you can always edit the name of the added item to remove the extra '-'.

Thread Information