DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creating Cure Potions

Hello,

How do you create cure potions for Pathfinder 1? I found an awesome post here about creating potions, so I thought I would go in and do the leg work for everyone before our adventure tomorrow - Once I started the process though I was seeing that the instructions and screenshots weren't lining up with what I was seeing (am using an ultimate license if that matters). Anyone have a guide I can follow?

Thanks

wow that's a lot of steps X-D

this was literally posted yesterday: Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder -- prob just exactly what you want?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenn View Post
    Hello,

How do you create cure potions for Pathfinder 1? I found an awesome post here about creating potions, so I thought I would go in and do the leg work for everyone before our adventure tomorrow - Once I started the process though I was seeing that the instructions and screenshots weren't lining up with what I was seeing (am using an ultimate license if that matters). Anyone have a guide I can follow?

Thanks
    Just for completeness: It is exactly the same in PF1 as in 5e, but you have to use spell classes for that, and there is no option for that it will not reset after a reset.

When you want that it does not reset and/or that it automatically create actions then use some extensions (like the one tahl_liadon linked )

Blog Entries
    What about creating an Effect and then just triggering from the Effects Library? (Haven't tried it yet, but ...) It wouldn't track inventory, but that would be handled separately anyway.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

wow that's a lot of steps X-D

this was literally posted yesterday: Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder -- prob just exactly what you want?
    I looked at it and added the extension. I suspect its due to me being new and not knowing what I am doing, but I did not see this extension "work" - I see it loaded on my chat panel, but I didnt see anything when adding the wand example from the post to a character's inventory. Are there other steps that need to be taken first?

This whole extensions concept is new and neat (to me) - Am looking forward to see what other extensions are out there...
    Last edited by Terenn; May 14th, 2020 at 20:44.

you may have to look in original post of the extension and see if you can gleam any directions. if post post your questions there (i have actually not loaded up and try).

yea, extension are cool. have fun!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

What you need to do is add an item with a name like Wand (Magic Missile). It will then look for a sell named Magic Missile. It will add a Spell Class to the action tab, set the caster level to that of the wand or the minimum level needed to cast the spell if the caster level is blank on the item, it will set the number of cast times equal to either 0 or if you are using the Enhanced Item extension the charges of the item. Finally it will add the spell to the new Spell Class at the level of the spell.
    It does the same thing for potions and scrolls. I didn't do staves, wasn't sure how to tell what spells they have or how many charges they take to use.

There is one caveat, if you don't visit the action tab before equipping the item it may not create the action item properly. I've not been able to figure out why this is. The code gets called. It just doesn't do it. There is probably something going on that I don't yet understand about the database structure.

I'll try to update the original post to give a better description of how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    What you need to do is add an item with a name like Wand (Magic Missile). It will then look for a sell named Magic Missile. It will add a Spell Class to the action tab, set the caster level to that of the wand or the minimum level needed to cast the spell if the caster level is blank on the item, it will set the number of cast times equal to either 0 or if you are using the Enhanced Item extension the charges of the item. Finally it will add the spell to the new Spell Class at the level of the spell.
    It does the same thing for potions and scrolls. I didn't do staves, wasn't sure how to tell what spells they have or how many charges they take to use.

There is one caveat, if you don't visit the action tab before equipping the item it may not create the action item properly. I've not been able to figure out why this is. The code gets called. It just doesn't do it. There is probably something going on that I don't yet understand about the database structure.

I'll try to update the original post to give a better description of how to use it.
    I still couldn't get this to work. I suspect it is due to my lack of experience with this (I just learned about extension a day or so ago). Instead of attempting to describe the steps I took to try this, I instead posted a video to YouTube (unlisted). The video shows me starting a new campaign, and creating a test character, and then attempting to add a Wand (Magic Missile) both directly on the character sheet as well as from the items list.

The video can be found here - https://youtu.be/0TsvXe-tTBY

As a note, I do have the ext file in the Fantasy Grounds extension folder, and it was added before starting the software.

Let me know what I am missing/doing improperly.

Thanks

After watching your video. I noticed a couple of thing I didn't think of. The item needs to have a type of Potion, Scroll or Wand. After setting the name and the type. It should generate the right action tab item.
    If it doesn't generate the right item, try not carrying the item and then carrying it again after visiting the action tab.
    I just tried creating an item in the inventory tab from scratch and using Wand (Magic Missile) with Wand in type worked, then setting the item to carried or equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    After watching your video. I noticed a couple of thing I didn't think of. The item needs to have a type of Potion, Scroll or Wand. After setting the name and the type. It should generate the right action tab item.
    If it doesn't generate the right item, try not carrying the item and then carrying it again after visiting the action tab.
    I just tried creating an item in the inventory tab from scratch and using Wand (Magic Missile) with Wand in type worked, then setting the item to carried or equipped.
    Sorry I have not had a chance to get in to trying this until today - I am still having no success with the extension. The type did enable the other extension, but it still does not create the actions. Video - https://youtu.be/HFXakR5yljc

Thread Information