FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 15 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    If I want to create a customised wand with a spell from another source (created about 1,8k spells in modules) then the spell action does not populate when equipping the wand.
    Try this. If this doesn't work, please send the module (or a picture of the module xml hierarchy if the module contains content you don't have permission to share).
    EDIT: see below
    Last edited by bmos; March 30th, 2021 at 02:07.

The only issue I found with this extension up to now is that when I want to equip a "Potion (restoration, lesser)", it prepares a full Restoration (M) spell variant instead of the lesser one. It also puts the CL at 7 instead of 3. I am using Farnaby/Tanor PFRPG-Spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    The only issue I found with this extension up to now is that when I want to equip a "Potion (restoration, lesser)", it prepares a full Restoration (M) spell variant instead of the lesser one. It also puts the CL at 7 instead of 3. I am using Farnaby/Tanor PFRPG-Spellbook.
    I just reuploaded that ext file with a potential fix. If that doesn't do it I will look more closely later.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Try this. If this doesn't work, please send the module (or a picture of the module xml hierarchy if the module contains content you don't have permission to share).
    Sadly didn't work. See attached image for the XML hierarchy of one of the spell modules. If you need anything else, just ask!
    See second attachment for XML hierarchy of the Fantasy Grounds 3.5E Spells module.

carc = my Complete Arcana
    35spells = SRD from FG

My modules were primarly exported with Fantasy Grounds' /export command.
    Attached Images Attached Images

After loading the most recent extension, it still loads a full Restoration spell when equiping the Potion (restoration, lesser). Thank you for the help though, it's an amazing extension!

I think I've got both sorted
    Def have lesser/greater spells working on my end.

v1.3

EDIT: I see Zarestia's issue. It will still be an issue, although the improvements to spell detection in v1.3 are good.
    This extension requires your module to use the spell name as the "id-001" part of the database structure (like official module does).
    This is how it finds the spell. Community spell modules work this way also (such as PFRPG - Spellbook)
    Last edited by bmos; March 30th, 2021 at 12:52.

You truly did! It works flawlessly with the Potion (restoration, lesser) now!
    Great job, and quick to respond as usual. I'm impressed once again.
    This will definitely come in handy for my campaigns.

Thanks for the clarification. It works when I change the id to the spellname. Strangely FG/FGU exports spells always with id-000x and not spellnames... If someone knows how to easily get the spellnames instead of id's he/she/it can pm me
    For now I can manually change the spells my players need, that's handable.

Wand (Benign Transposition) does work
    Wand (Vigor, Lesser) doesn't work.
    Wand (vigor, lesser) does work.

Are spells with comma only detected when written lower case?

Sorry for being nitpicky
    Last edited by Zarestia; March 31st, 2021 at 13:43.

Strangely FG/FGU exports spells always with id-000x and not spellnames... If someone knows how to easily get the spellnames instead of id's he/she/it can pm me
    AFAIK there isn't a way to do that in FG natively. Most community spell modules are created via raw XML editing or by making scripts to generate XML files, I think.

Are spells with comma only detected when written lower case?

Sorry for being nitpicky
    Thanks, I forgot the spell name was only converted to lower case later in the script. I have uploaded a hotfix for v1.3 that should fix that.

I've been testing around some possible interactions with the mod and I found more issues.
    I took Faelwen's Ultimate Equipment module and started giving a test character items to equip and tried using them and long resting. This is what I came across:

All communal and mass spells are not giving the communal and mass version of the spell
    ex: Scroll (invisibility, mass). This is important because of the higher spell level for information about concentration checks and use magic device. Oddly enough, the CL gives the right number.

When long resting, some spells reset their usage (ex: I tried giving me 3 Potion (magic fang, greater), then I used 2 and long rested and they came back. This issue didn't happen with the normal magic fang. The same thing happened with the Scroll version. Up to now, I discovered that the longstrider, commune with nature and divine favor spell uses also resets after a long rest for unknown reasons while using Kelrugem's FullOverlayPackage.
    There might be more spells doing that, I could test them all out if you want.

The spell (create greater undead) is not working.

Another thing is: when using level 0 spells, they get in the level 0 area and we can't manage the number of use left (except by opening the spyglass of the spell class and lowering the number under 0). ex: Wand (mending)

Thread Information