STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 23 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

The above link is a really good resource for how to build effects.
    The new wiki is even better: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects It is slightly more updated, there are more effects listed like DMGSTYPE, healthy and so on the old wiki will be probably deprecated at some point, so, better to use the new wiki (and the effects are completely the same in FGU)

Hi again!
    Trying to use an Effect to apply the stealth bonus a character gets from wearing a Cloak of Elvenkind...

I'm attaching the effect directly to the item so that when she equips it, the bonus is applied to her stealth rolls.

However, it is supposed to be a Competence bonus and when I use "SKILL: 5 stealth competence" it doesn't work.
    If I remove the "competence" and just use "SKILL:5 stealth" it works like a champ.
    Am I doing something wrong, or does the "type" of bonus not work with items?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ttritten; June 29th, 2020 at 15:08.

@ttritten -- really good question and glad you posted it.

i don't think fg is coded to work that way, as i myself have tried similar, like e.g. "save: 2 will morale"

but who knows: we both could be missing something in how the syntax works for this.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Just figured it out....I had the syntax backwards. It should have read "SKILL: 5 competence stealth".
    Now it works.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

@ttritten -- really good question and glad you posted it.

i don't think fg is coded to work that way, as i myself have tried similar, like e.g. "save: 2 will morale"

but who knows: we both could be missing something in how the syntax works for this.
    It is SAVE: 2 morale, will

no way! awesome.

learned something new today. thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Oh, I can't believe I didn't notice this one! *waits patiently for more compatibilities*

EDIT: I was wrong, there are worse incompatibilities than I thought.
    Last edited by bmos; July 3rd, 2020 at 19:03.

so it's compatibile with Kelrugem's extensions huh... Then I definitely will try it out in a moment (as soon as I get time)

Trying to set a bane weapon but it doesn't recognize it if I set it as "action only"
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; July 1st, 2020 at 22:35.

There are some incompatibilities, but rmilmine was aware of that, and as far as I know their extension turns off some features when my extensions are loaded to avoid upcoming error messages I have hopefully soon some time to look at that (because I want to use this extension, too, when I start running games again )

Thread Information