FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 23 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    *keeps the extension in reserve, looking forward for that <3*

Blog Entries
    @rmilmine,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

is this compatible with the Advanced effects from Kel, and/or does it do the same thing, with such similar naming, it's hard to guess

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    is this compatible with the Advanced effects from Kel, and/or does it do the same thing, with such similar naming, it's hard to guess
    It does totally different things and has partial compatibility.
    Very useful extension!

ah, yes, RTFM, good shout, naming should change however, one could load/not load the wrong one by accident

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    ah, yes, RTFM, good shout, naming should change however, one could load/not load the wrong one by accident
    Can confirm, I do it pretty often.
    rmilmine and Kelrugem actually talked about it a few pages back, IIRC.

I tried to keep the same name that the original extension this was based off of, from 5e. That is the only reason it has the name it has.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I tried to keep the same name that the original extension this was based off of, from 5e. That is the only reason it has the name it has.
    Hehe, no worries I was not aware of Celestian's extension (though my extension has not the "effect" tag in its name, so, roughly-speaking it is different )

By the way, I implemented now your suggested changes, but our extensions are still not completely compatible sadly. I think the reason is that both of our extensions overwrite parts of the EffectsManager35E. For full compatibility it may be needed to implement my EffectManager stuff into your extension; whenever I have time again I try to look at this and send you a solution. In the worst case I may need to make a combined version, if you allow me to (but that needs time since I am still fully in my thesis now again)

There was a small typo in the strings/strings.xml file of this extension. I was tipped off by the following warning in the FGU console at start up...

[WARNING] string: Must have a name attribute. ]Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder] [strings/strings.xml]

In the strings.xml file the line <string name="check">Check</string> instead had <string bane="check">Check</string>

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hehe, no worries I was not aware of Celestian's extension (though my extension has not the "effect" tag in its name, so, roughly-speaking it is different )

By the way, I implemented now your suggested changes, but our extensions are still not completely compatible sadly. I think the reason is that both of our extensions overwrite parts of the EffectsManager35E. For full compatibility it may be needed to implement my EffectManager stuff into your extension; whenever I have time again I try to look at this and send you a solution. In the worst case I may need to make a combined version, if you allow me to (but that needs time since I am still fully in my thesis now again)
    If you would like to take this over and integrate it into your extensions I'm fine with that.

Thread Information