FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 23 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    If you would like to take this over and integrate it into your extensions I'm fine with that.
    cool, thanks But that will still take a lot of months, I only have time for that after my thesis (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    It is SAVE: 2 morale, will

ran into a case scenario: "+2 competence bonus on dexterity based skills checks" -- so would it be written like this?

SKILL: 2 competence, acrobatics, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth;

is there better way? thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

ran into a case scenario: "+2 competence bonus on dexterity based skills checks" -- so would it be written like this?

SKILL: 2 competence, acrobatics, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth;

is there better way? thx
    Hm, I do not think that there is a better way than listing all skills sadly

sadly lol thx
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

is there better way? thx
    You can use the ability name instead of each skill name. Note that you have to spell out the full ability name, no abbreviations. Try this -

SKILL: 2 competence, dexterity;

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    You can use the ability name instead of each skill name. Note that you have to spell out the full ability name, no abbreviations. Try this -

ah, nice, thanks I completely forgot that possibility

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Try this -

noice! thx
    -----

Greetings,

Since this thread is about Effects and such, rather than open a whole new thread for my question I'll just ask it here. You guys have been thinking a lot about Effects, so you probably know the answer off the top of your head.

I find a Modifier for Saves, called... wait for it: SAVE. But, what about the kinds of Saves? In other words, why are there not the following Modifiers: WILL, FORT, CON (or CONS)?

Thanks!

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Greetings,

Since this thread is about Effects and such, rather than open a whole new thread for my question I'll just ask it here. You guys have been thinking a lot about Effects, so you probably know the answer off the top of your head.

I find a Modifier for Saves, called... wait for it: SAVE. But, what about the kinds of Saves? In other words, why are there not the following Modifiers: WILL, FORT, CON (or CONS)?

Thanks!

- s.west
    Unlike ability score bonuses like STR and DEX where the thing being increased is the name of the effect, saves are increased by a single effect with different tags after the bonus "SAVE: 2 will" (or whatever type you want). Also you can write it as "SAVE: 2 enhancement,will" if you want to give it a type (so that multiple bonuses stack correctly).
    If you're learning about effects for PFRPG/3.5E, this will help a lot.
    The examples here should also be very informative.
    Last edited by bmos; December 2nd, 2020 at 23:34.

Posting so I'll get an update if/when someone works on this integration. Stay awesome, and thank you all for your hard and diligent work!

Thread Information