FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 23 First 1234513 ... Last
    The character manager is just that, a manager. Most likely this extension requires an actual campaign in order to properly store and recognize the advanced effects. The character manager is just a stripped down version of a campaign without a CT or anything GM related. You might have to wait for Kelrugem to confirm though.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    The character manager is just that, a manager. Most likely this extension requires an actual campaign in order to properly store and recognize the advanced effects. The character manager is just a stripped down version of a campaign without a CT or anything GM related. You might have to wait for Kelrugem to confirm though.
    I can confirm that one should not expect that extensions work in the manager Since the character manager gets deprecated in FGU I would not get used to it, it improves in FGU (players can start own campaigns with own extensions and can save data, just hosting might not work when just demo version, but one can manage characters in that way)

PS: Though here it is about rlmilmine's extension The name of this extension is just a bit too similar to my extension But in general it holds for all extensions that it is a bit hit&miss whether an extension works there in the manager, I think
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 7th, 2020 at 19:26.

Thanks everyone! I think I have a path forward now...

Yeah, it should have been called Advanced effects manager or just effects manager. I kept the name similar to the one it was based off of in 5E.
    I just loaded the character manager and the character sheet doesn't have the edit button for the list. So I would think it can't be edited with the way the extension is currently made. As I recall there were limits put on what players are allowed to change.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Yeah, it should have been called Advanced effects manager or just effects manager. I kept the name similar to the one it was based off of in 5E.
    No worries

PS: Oh, with the hit&miss above I meant the usability of all extensions in the character manager by the way (not that it is a hit&miss whether your extension works in general; hopefully you didn't misunderstand that and didn't take it personal Not that I think you took it personal, but I just realized that one can easily misunderstand what I wrote there )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    No worries

PS: Oh, with the hit&miss above I meant the usability of all extensions in the character manager by the way (not that it is a hit&miss whether your extension works in general; hopefully you didn't misunderstand that and didn't take it personal Not that I think you took it personal, but I just realized that one can easily misunderstand what I wrote there )
    Didn't even notice.

Good morning...me again.

So, I have character in my game that has Trapfinding as a Rogue.
    What I am trying to do is to get the +1 bonus to Disable Device to automatically apply as a result of them having that Trait.
    I was trying to use the "Advanced Effects" capabilities this Extension provides and I'm not sure I am doing it correctly.

On the Combat Tab of the PC's sheet, at the bottom in the Advanced Effects section, when I go to add this new effect, the only options that appear under the "Type" window are Save, Ability, Susceptibility, Miscellaneous, Label Only, and -. If I choose Misc, the only options I have are AC, Attack, Damage, Heal, and Initiative.
    So, I guess I would either enter it under " - ", or Label Only. What exactly is " - "?
    Also, I just want to confirm that the syntax for this would be "SKILL:1,Disable Device", correct?
    Thanks for any assistance!
    Last edited by ttritten; June 15th, 2020 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    What exactly is " - "?
    That allows you to type your own effect rather than relying on the (very cool) UI which doesn't give you all the possible options (which is why you don't see a skill option).
    The syntax you want is actually "SKILL: 1 disable device" (without the quotes).

Excellent! Thank you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

The above link is a really good resource for how to build effects.

Thread Information