STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 23 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    I installed the other version and it is working now. There doesn't appear to be any negative effects.

Thanks for your input and ideas!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    I installed the other version and it is working now. There doesn't appear to be any negative effects.

Thanks for your input and ideas!
    Rob
    Cool What do you mean with other version? Did I miss an update from Bmos?

Yes, I was not completely sure whether I was right in my last post; because the last time I tested it myself, I was not able to reproduce it. Glad that it works for you now again

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Cool What do you mean with other version? Did I miss an update from Bmos?
    Following the older posts, in addition to:
    "StrainInjury plus extended automation and overlays"

I installed:
    "Feature: Extended automation and alternative overlays"

Now everything is working. I know they are essentially the same extension, but the error message came up, breaking attacks, when I only had the first one installed.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Following the older posts, in addition to:
    "StrainInjury plus extended automation and overlays"

I installed:
    "Feature: Extended automation and alternative overlays"

Now everything is working. I know they are essentially the same extension, but the error message came up, breaking attacks, when I only had the first one installed.

Rob
    Very strange! Usually, there should be no need to install both extensions; so, maybe my previous assumption in my other post is correct Then I wonder why I cannot reproduce the error though

Hi,

Any thoughts on supporting ability bonuses to be parsed from the "Advanced Effects" section of character sheet via a call to EffectManager35E.evalEffect()? Doing this, and then just replacing rEffect.sName with the result would expand the ability bonus into the numeric value in the combat tracker when the char is dragged over.

This is a rough proof-of-concept example with some debug comparing the original effect string vs. the parsed one at the end of updateCharEffect in manager_AE.lua:
    Code:
    	sendEffectAddedMessage(nodeEntry, rEffect, sLabel, nGMOnly, User.getUsername());
    	local sParsedEffect = EffectManager35E.evalEffect(nodeEntry,rEffect.sLabel, nil);
    	Debug.chat(rEffect.sLabel,sParsedEffect);
    	rEffect.sName = sParsedEffect;
    	EffectManager.addEffect("", "", nodeEntry, rEffect, false);
    Here's an example of a char sheet where using the above change I added two advanced effects that reference abilities - the Monk AC bonus (in this instance the monk is level 7 and gets a +1 and +[WIS]. The second effect example is Intimidating prowess, where the char's [STR] is added.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.05.22 PM.png

The resulting entries on the CT look like this:
    Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.11.06 PM.png

Are there any downsides to doing this? I find it handy to have the ability score text reference in the defined effect on the char sheet so I can more easily remember where the number came from. Obviously, the numbers in the CT won't change if an ability changes in the middle of combat, but at least during downtime if you level up and an ability changes, it would be reflected the next time the char is dragged to the CT.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    Hi,

Any thoughts on supporting ability bonuses to be parsed from the "Advanced Effects" section of character sheet via a call to EffectManager35E.evalEffect()? Doing this, and then just replacing rEffect.sName with the result would expand the ability bonus into the numeric value in the combat tracker when the char is dragged over.

This is a rough proof-of-concept example with some debug comparing the original effect string vs. the parsed one at the end of updateCharEffect in manager_AE.lua:
    Code:
    	sendEffectAddedMessage(nodeEntry, rEffect, sLabel, nGMOnly, User.getUsername());
    	local sParsedEffect = EffectManager35E.evalEffect(nodeEntry,rEffect.sLabel, nil);
    	Debug.chat(rEffect.sLabel,sParsedEffect);
    	rEffect.sName = sParsedEffect;
    	EffectManager.addEffect("", "", nodeEntry, rEffect, false);
    Here's an example of a char sheet where using the above change I added two advanced effects that reference abilities - the Monk AC bonus (in this instance the monk is level 7 and gets a +1 and +[WIS]. The second effect example is Intimidating prowess, where the char's [STR] is added.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.05.22 PM.png

The resulting entries on the CT look like this:
    Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.11.06 PM.png

Are there any downsides to doing this? I find it handy to have the ability score text reference in the defined effect on the char sheet so I can more easily remember where the number came from. Obviously, the numbers in the CT won't change if an ability changes in the middle of combat, but at least during downtime if you level up and an ability changes, it would be reflected the next time the char is dragged to the CT.

Cheers,
    Brian
    This is awesome! That is one of the improvements I have been wanting to make and hadn't looked into how it could be done

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This is awesome! That is one of the improvements I have been wanting to make and hadn't looked into how it could be done
    If it turns out to not have any unexpected adverse side-effects, I think this might also help reduce the parsing effort on the CT side of things - at least minimally in some cases. For example, if I enter the contrived effect of "AC: 1+4+5+1" with this evalEffect() pre-parsing occurring, it gets put into the CT as "AC: 11". Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps. :-)

Cheers,
    Brian

Hello, I have loaded the extension 1.1.2, but when I equip an item with an effect I get the error "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)"
    What is the problem?.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alyxvr View Post
    Hello, I have loaded the extension 1.1.2, but when I equip an item with an effect I get the error "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)"
    What is the problem?.
    Thank you.
    v1.1.2 is from May 28th, 2020.
    Here is the latest.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Did this get implemented?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information