STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... Last

Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder

This is a port of the 5E extension that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

It may have bugs. I've tried to clean it up as much as possible. It may not be compatible with some of Kelrugem's extensions. I've talked with him and he is looking at making some changes to make them compatible.

Basically it allows for you to attach effects to PCs, NPCs and Items. When a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker it adds the attached effects to the character in the combat tracker.

With items the effects will be applied to the character in the combat tracker when the item is equipped.
    If you select Action Only in the effect editor it will apply the effect only when the item that added the effect is used.

After much testing of these effects I would suggest that you don't overload it with too many effects at once as it will bog down. only equip the items you are currently using.

The latest version is v1.1.2.
    Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder.ext
    Last edited by rmilmine; May 28th, 2020 at 14:55.

Thanks a lot I am looking forward to the extension, and when I find time then I look over it for compatibility

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    This is a port of the 5E extension that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

It may have bugs. I've tried to clean it up as much as possible. It may not be compatible with some of Kelrugem's extensions. I've talked with him and he is looking at making some changes to make them compatible.

Basically it allows for you to attach effects to PCs, NPCs and Items. When a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker it adds the attached effects to the character in the combat tracker.
    I still need to clean up the editor window, but if you type in the effect you want in the default text box it will work.
    With items the effects will be applied to the character in the combat tracker when the item is equipped.
    After much testing of these effects I would suggest that you don't overload it with too many effects at once as it will bog down. only equip the items you are currently using.

Attachment 35311
    Please do make sure that you have the original authors permission too please.

I updated the extension attachment.

The following was changed:
    The options in the effects editor for creating an effect should now all be working.
    It does not include all possible options but includes several.

Missed removing a Debug command. The offending command is now gone.

I can confirm this does not work with Kel's extensions. It doesn't break anything that I can see but it doesn't actually parse effects added via the item.

In my specific case was testing adding an effect that would add sneak attack damage when the target is flat footed

If you have a generic effect on the character

Sneak Attack; IFT: CUSTOM (Flat-footed); DMG: 1d6 precision it fires if the target has Flat-footed in its effects.

If you have it on the weapon it never fires the 1d6 precision roll.

UPDATE: Actually it does work but only if you have Action only unchecked
    Last edited by mozmonar; May 15th, 2020 at 22:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I can confirm this does not work with Kel's extensions. It doesn't break anything that I can see but it doesn't actually parse effects added via the item.

In my specific case was testing adding an effect that would add sneak attack damage when the target is flat footed

If you have a generic effect on the character

Sneak Attack; IFT: CUSTOM (Flat-footed); DMG: 1d6 precision it fires if the target has Flat-footed in its effects.

If you have it on the weapon it never fires the 1d6 precision roll.
    Just to make sure. You have the weapon equipped? This is the only time it puts the effect in the combat tracker for items.
    Also, do you have Action Only checked? This should be ignored if you have Kel's extensions loaded.
    If they aren't loaded and Action Only is checked, it should only fire off the weapons effect if the weapon is being used.

Yeah it was the Action only thing.

Yes, surely there are some incompatibilities I will look over them whenever I have time (or when you want rmilmine gladly has already sent me some suggestions )

I think we have established you don't want me monkeying around in your extensions

Thread Information