Fallout 1
Page 15 of 17 First ... 51314151617 Last
  1. #141

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    41
    I was going to say... yep, that sounds like ME.

    No doubt I'm a bit of a mess, having been a heavy extension user Pre-Forge. I attached a screen shot of the works (I think).
    Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #142
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    I was going to say... yep, that sounds like ME.

    No doubt I'm a bit of a mess, having been a heavy extension user Pre-Forge. I attached a screen shot of the works (I think).
    Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.
    Advanced Character Inventory Manager is now Advanced Item Actions on the forge
    Expanded NPC weapons is on Forge also: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/210/view
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    I was going to say... yep, that sounds like ME.

    No doubt I'm a bit of a mess, having been a heavy extension user Pre-Forge. I attached a screen shot of the works (I think).
    Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.
    Thank you very much As Bmos pointed out, you seemingly have some outdated versions, and since the forge ones (of Bmos) are now in the vault you have to delete the versions in /extensions

    The best may be:

    1. Check if you already have all your extensions in the forge
    2. If yes (so, all on forge), then wipe your /extensions folder
    3. Then update via the FG launcher/updater

    This should give you a clean install of all versions, and all the accidental overwritings of old versions should be cleaned

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    41
    Just following up for anyone's morbid curiosity at this point - haha.

    I had 49 entries in my extension folder before I pulled them all out. I did a full re-sync for all the active things in the Forge - pruned a few, etc. The new extension folder has 39 entries, so that sounds like good progress. I'll say the load time on the server is much faster, that's for certain. So - if I got nothing else out of this exercise, that's improvement, thank you.

    Then I loaded the server with all the things, but chose just the Advanced Effects and Strain/Injury with alternate icons choices -- JUST THOSE TWO -- Turned ALL other extensions off. Annnnd... drum rolll.... STILL got the error!

    At this point, I can only assume it is a curse.

    Reloaded with all the things - enabled both the standard overlay/automation package as well as the strain/injury version... No Error! Amazing.

    I can only assume that it has mutated and become somehow self-aware at this point, but it seems to work with all the things enabled - the next step would be a complete re-install of the whole thing? Not sure I want to go through all that just now. I'll keep experimenting - thank you all, seriously, for your advice and help.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Just following up for anyone's morbid curiosity at this point - haha.

    I had 49 entries in my extension folder before I pulled them all out. I did a full re-sync for all the active things in the Forge - pruned a few, etc. The new extension folder has 39 entries, so that sounds like good progress. I'll say the load time on the server is much faster, that's for certain. So - if I got nothing else out of this exercise, that's improvement, thank you.

    Then I loaded the server with all the things, but chose just the Advanced Effects and Strain/Injury with alternate icons choices -- JUST THOSE TWO -- Turned ALL other extensions off. Annnnd... drum rolll.... STILL got the error!

    At this point, I can only assume it is a curse.

    Reloaded with all the things - enabled both the standard overlay/automation package as well as the strain/injury version... No Error! Amazing.

    I can only assume that it has mutated and become somehow self-aware at this point, but it seems to work with all the things enabled - the next step would be a complete re-install of the whole thing? Not sure I want to go through all that just now. I'll keep experimenting - thank you all, seriously, for your advice and help.
    hehe, thanks for testing It is an extremely strange issue and I have no idea what is going on (especially since I run my games with StrainInjury, too, and never faced this problem) Well, I hope this "curse" won't cause any other problem besides that you have to load the non-StrainInjury one for whatever reason, too

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Just following up for anyone's morbid curiosity at this point - haha.

    I had 49 entries in my extension folder before I pulled them all out. I did a full re-sync for all the active things in the Forge - pruned a few, etc. The new extension folder has 39 entries, so that sounds like good progress. I'll say the load time on the server is much faster, that's for certain. So - if I got nothing else out of this exercise, that's improvement, thank you.

    Then I loaded the server with all the things, but chose just the Advanced Effects and Strain/Injury with alternate icons choices -- JUST THOSE TWO -- Turned ALL other extensions off. Annnnd... drum rolll.... STILL got the error!

    At this point, I can only assume it is a curse.

    Reloaded with all the things - enabled both the standard overlay/automation package as well as the strain/injury version... No Error! Amazing.

    I can only assume that it has mutated and become somehow self-aware at this point, but it seems to work with all the things enabled - the next step would be a complete re-install of the whole thing? Not sure I want to go through all that just now. I'll keep experimenting - thank you all, seriously, for your advice and help.
    Could you test again? Bmos just added some compatibility code to my extension It should not solve your issue, but this is just due to that there should be no error at all But who knows, maybe whatever is causing your issue actually got solved now, too

  7. #147
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    +1 to this - seeing the same issue.
    Can you clarify that it is the exact same error message you're seeing, if the new updates don't fix it?
    I just re-read the thread and this seems to be the closest you have come to providing the exact issue
    A screenshot and steps to reproduce would be ideal.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  8. #148
    Good Evening Gentlemen,
    I'm also getting the error: nADVATK

    I am running 4.1.13
    completely deleted everything in /extensions and /vault.
    Checked for updates.
    Disabled all other extensions, both in Forge and in the game load screen: so I'm just running "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage" and "Advanced Effects"
    Started a new campaign (PF 1E)
    Loaded just the Bestiary 1.
    Had an aboleth make an attack against an Aasimar and got the error:
    "Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:368: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)"
    Log Txt attached.

    Let me know if I can provide any other info. Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #149
    Aaah, Bmos, I might know where the incompatibility of crossbow and RobboNJ69 arises:

    You probably have some if-clause checking for whether extended automation is loaded, isn't it? Does this if-clause also check for StrainInjury versions? If not, then this would explain, why crossbow was able to solve the problem by also loading the extended automation extension (and gladly the loadorder of StrainInjury is higher such that crossbow indeed found a pretty neat workaround )

  10. #150
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Aaah, Bmos, I might know where the incompatibility of crossbow and RobboNJ69 arises:

    You probably have some if-clause checking for whether extended automation is loaded, isn't it? Does this if-clause also check for StrainInjury versions? If not, then this would explain, why crossbow was able to solve the problem by also loading the extended automation extension (and gladly the loadorder of StrainInjury is higher such that crossbow indeed found a pretty neat workaround )
    Great point!
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in