DICE PACKS BUNDLE

PC's with Mods nobody else has...

Greetings all,

So, we are about to start our first 100% FG game using the Hell's Rebels AP1 mod from the store and we've run into our first issue.
    I'm GMing and a couple of our players are interested in purchasing a bunch of the Paizo mods, such as Advanced Class, Advanced Race, etc. from the store.
    Here's the question:
    What happens when a player shows up with a character that was built using a bunch of source materials nobody else in the group has/owns, including the GM? Does FG know what to do with a feat/race/class/item that doesn't "technically" exist in the instance of FG in which the GM is running the game?
    I just don't want to give them the all-clear to go out and drop a bunch of money if it isn't going to be usable, much worse, break the game from a FG-mechanics perspective.
    Am I overthinking this?

Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    Greetings all,

So, we are about to start our first 100% FG game using the Hell's Rebels AP1 mod from the store and we've run into our first issue.
    I'm GMing and a couple of our players are interested in purchasing a bunch of the Paizo mods, such as Advanced Class, Advanced Race, etc. from the store.
    Here's the question:
    What happens when a player shows up with a character that was built using a bunch of source materials nobody else in the group has/owns, including the GM? Does FG know what to do with a feat/race/class/item that doesn't "technically" exist in the instance of FG in which the GM is running the game?
    I just don't want to give them the all-clear to go out and drop a bunch of money if it isn't going to be usable, much worse, break the game from a FG-mechanics perspective.
    Am I overthinking this?
    When a character is built with some modules then there is no problem in using that character in any other campaign; some links in the character sheet like the class (and especially only that; the other ones are Skills but skills are always included in the SRD at least) are "outsourced", so clicking on its link in the sheet might result into some error message. But this doesn't break any automation, the data is still the same, all combat automation will still work etc. All other links are copies of the original ones, so clicking on them will still give you all the texts as usual (except maybe that the race behaves similarly, but the race is only important for the first level, the racial features are certainly copied links)

When you want to level up though, then you might run into problems of course because the class is not available. You either have to create the class manually (or completely level-up manually), or the player goes back into the campaing where they created the character and where the data is available

When the player owns the modules: The player can always load them in every campaign when the GM allows it, too Then leveling is also possible in that campaign (but only that player can use their module, noone else)

So overall: No worries

Perfect. Thank you!

You're welcome

If your players are playing with you frequently/primarily, maybe they should buy you the module!
    That's what I usually offer if I really want to use a book the GM doesn't have.

Thread Information