STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    In the core rule book (pg. 55) there's a sidebar that talks about half elves and half orcs coming from races other than humans and how to do that mechanically, which was basically the precursor to the versatile heritages like Tiefling and Aasimar. Is there any plan to move those to the versatile heritage entry since they're allowed to be used that way or are they staying within the human ancestry? I'm asking because I had a half-elf / halfling in a friends game and it would be much easier to make if they were versatile heritages when we transfer our game to Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    In the core rule book (pg. 55) there's a sidebar that talks about half elves and half orcs coming from races other than humans and how to do that mechanically, which was basically the precursor to the versatile heritages like Tiefling and Aasimar. Is there any plan to move those to the versatile heritage entry since they're allowed to be used that way or are they staying within the human ancestry? I'm asking because I had a half-elf / halfling in a friends game and it would be much easier to make if they were versatile heritages when we transfer our game to Fantasy Grounds.
    Any changes made to official Paizo product data will be in line with those products. Unless Paizo specifically make Half-Elf and Half-Orc a versatile heritage, they won't be implemented as such.

That being said, the "drag/drop of heritages to PC sheet" added functionality in release 16 (listed in post #3) allows you the flexibility of adding any heritage you want to a PC, so you essentially get this anyway. The heritages just won't be listed in the Heritage selection window, you'd need to cancel the selection window then drag/drop the required heritage to the PC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For now you can also just manually add the appropriate abilities. I have a half elf/half orc in one of my games and that's what I've done.

As long as I have the ability to drag and drop the heritage when the new update comes out that will work fine for our group, all the new features and work being put into this ruleset has been phenomenal and my group and myself greatly appreciate the work put in by the developers and the community as a whole. I was torn between what to run when my current Savage Worlds Star Wars game ends and all this work and the new products coming out make me very excited to jump back into Pathfinder 2e on here, I haven't run it since the playtest so I'm excited to dive in to the new features

I've been told that the release 16 update to live should be going ahead this week. It involves updates to the ruleset (see the first 3 posts) and Heritage to use the new data format in the Core Rules, Lost Omens Character Guide and Extinction Curse AP 3: Life's Long Shadows.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Very excited! Looking forward to it, thank you Trenloe.

Just updated FG Unity with the newest ruleset as it went to Live.

Opening the Actions Tab of a character sheet produces the following errors (looks like one error for each existing spell/weapon plus 1)

Code:
    [6/2/2020 6:03:46 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)
    [6/2/2020 6:03:46 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)
    Also, changing any of the toggles (ie. start/end, trgt/self, roll/sngl) on an Effect produces the following warning, but not for Cast, Damage, or Heal actions.

Code:
    [6/2/2020 6:08:03 PM] Handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)

Release 16 is now live.

I've updated the first few posts to reflect this.

I've also done an overview video available here: https://youtu.be/wtvApvfTkes

Thanks Trenloe.

Don't know if you saw me previous post above. Timestamps suggest you were probably writing yours as I posted mine so it may have gone under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Just updated FG Unity with the newest ruleset as it went to Live.

Opening the Actions Tab of a character sheet produces the following errors (looks like one error for each existing spell/weapon plus 1)

Code:
    Also, changing any of the toggles (ie. start/end, trgt/self, roll/sngl) on an Effect produces the following warning, but not for Cast, Damage, or Heal actions.

Code:
    [6/2/2020 6:08:03 PM] Handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)
    Thanks for the report. I can't recreate this issue.

Can you post a screenshot of the chat window please? Also could you post the XML for a PC that has the issue (you can quickly export from the Chargen tracker screen). Thanks.

Thread Information