DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

PFRPG2 ruleset - Release 16 now in "live'!

There's a lot of changes being added to the next release of the Pathfinder Second Edition ruleset (PFRPG2).

This is to better cater for ancestry and class data (heritages, deities, domains, arcane schools, bloodlines, etc., etc. - there's a lot of these). Move towards more NPC automation options. Expand on the effects subsystem and how it ties in with saving throws.

This will be added to the test channel over the coming weeks. There's a lot of moving parts (especially where it impacts DLC) and so will be introduced in stages.

More info in this post and the next two.

An overview video is available here: https://youtu.be/wtvApvfTkes

BUGS / GOTCHAS

1. PERS application and flat check rolling: the chat window will show the damage application and flat check in the chat window after the [TURN] change notification. This has no adverse mechanical effect on the persistent damage process.
    2. PERS flat check rolls are always done automatically. A future release will have the ability to turn this off so that the players can roll - but this will make the process manual. I envisage most people will keep automatic rolls. Work around - set the DC of the PERS effect in the CT to 21 - this will still trigger the auto roll, but 21 on a flat check isn't possible, so the PERS effect will never be removed - allowing the players to roll their own flat checks manually.
    3. For any effect other than PERS, the DC set in the effect is purely for information only. It provides information to the players and GM about any DC value related to the effect. For example, the DC needed to escape from the grabbed condition, the save DC needed for an ongoing damage effect (DMGO, not PERS). For effects other then PERS, there's no automation attached to these (yet), they are just for reference so that the DC related to the effect is readily available if actions are taken to address the condition/effect.
    4. The "Extra traits" section in the Effect DC details window doesn't do anything. It will be removed in release 17.
    5. There is currently a bug where DMGO or PERS effect actions won't trigger at the end of an init slot where the effect "Init to adjust on" is the same as the init slot. This is fixed in release 17. Workaround - change the init to adjust on value to something other than init slot of the actor the effect is applied to.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 20th, 2020 at 09:32.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Some info on what is available.

Multiple attack penalties (MAP)

The following screenshot gives an idea of the upcoming additions.

1. Buttons linked to the Multi Attack buttons in the Modifier window. These buttons can be dragged to the hotkey bar and will sync their status with the Modifier Window. The multi attack buttons (in the CT, on the hotkey bar or in the Modifier Window) must be used to take advantage of the MAP effects (#3 below).
    2. When using the MAP buttons and effects with PCs make sure you roll from the first attack entry - the second and third (or more) entries don't use the MAP buttons or effects - FG assumes you're overriding them by using these attacks. For NPCs just roll the attack as normal and the button will be applied.
    3. There are three new effects: MAP, MAP2 and MAP3. MAP applies the penalty to the second attack and twice the penalty to 3 or more attacks. e.g. MAP:-3 would apply -3 to the second attack and -6 to the third+ attack. MAP2 overrides MAP for just the second attack, MAP3 overrides MAP for just the third+ attacks. Note: MAP:-3 is the same as MAP2:-3;MAP3:-6 These effects should be applied assuming a non-agile weapon attack - the FG ruleset will add 1 or 2 to the penalty if the weapon making the attack has the agile trait.
    4. These effects can be targeted using the usal FG targeting system and custom conditions.
    5. Some examples of results using MAP buttons and effects.

The examples show a Ranger's Hunter's Edge - Flurry ability. Where the Multi-Attack-Penalty is -3/-6 when attacking their prey - in this case, any target with the custom condition "Robin's Hunt Prey". The attack penalty used is shown in the roll and result. Note that the attacks against the Goblin Commando have the modified MAP of -3/-6 (due to the targeted custom condition), but the attack agains the Goblin Warrior uses the standard MAP.

These buttons and effects can be used with PCs or NPCs. For PCs they will only work if the first attack roll is used from their weapon entry (not the second or third weapon attack entry). They work with attack actions (spell and weapon) from a spell entry.

Effect additions

There are a couple of additions to the effect functionality in release 16:
    1. The ability to track a DC related to the effect.
    2. The ability to set on effect to decrement the duration at the end of the turn, not the start.

These are covered in the final section of the video linked in post #1.

Effect DC

A related DC can now be set in the effect details window (#1 above) or in the CT once the effect has been applied (#3 above).

In the effect window there are different options for the DC: Fixed, Spell/Class DC, CL, CL/2 and Flat Check. Fixed and Flat Check require a number to be entered in the number field (#2 in the screenshot above). Spell/Class DC, CL and CL/2 take a base value from the spell class header and then a modifier can be applied in the number field (#3). Spell/Class DC = 10 + the Spell Roll value in the spell section header, CL = 10 + the CL value in the CL field in the spell section header +the ability modifier set in the spell section header, CL/2 = 10 + half the CL value in the CL field in the spell section header + the ability modifier set in the spell section header.

Note: For any effect other than PERS, the DC set in the effect is purely for information only. It provides information to the players and GM about any DC value related to the effect. For example, the DC needed to escape from the grabbed condition, the save DC needed for an ongoing damage effect (DMGO, not PERS). For effects other then PERS, there's no automation attached to these (yet), they are just for reference so that the DC related to the effect is readily available if actions are taken to address the condition/effect.

The "Extra traits" section in the Effect DC details window doesn't do anything. It will be removed in release 17.

Duration reduces at End of Round

By default any effect duration in the combat tracker (CT) will reduce at the start of the initiative slot equal to the init value to adjust on in the effect in the CT.

This new functionality allows the effect duration to reduce at the end of the initiative slot with the init value to adjust on. This can be toggled in three places (refer to the screenshot below):

1. The "Reduce Duration" field in the effect details window in the actions tab.
    2. The Start/End button in the effect summary line in the action tab,
    3. The Start/End toggle once the effect is applied to the combat tracker.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 3rd, 2021 at 13:23.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Notes on this release:

Added:
    - allow drag/drop of Heritage to PC sheet.
    - lookupdata records and functionality for Heritages, Conditions, Deity, Domain and Effect
    - added double-click trait lookup to grouped lists.
    - added trait lookup to PC traits field.
    - added "Self" targeting option to cast, damage and heal action.
    - Effect option to experimental NPC ability automation.
    - Tooltip to experimental NPC ability automation.
    - The ability to show information on Range and Reload NPC attack info from the Core Rules module.
    - Multi attack #2 and #3 buttons to the Combat Tracker. These sync with the Modifier window.
    - Effect duration reduced at the end of the actor's turn option.
    - MAP (multi attack penalty) effect added (see post #2).
    - PERS (persistent damage) effect rolls for flat check 15 DC at end of turn.
    - DC entry to effect actions and an effect entry in the CT. Currently only used for PERS expiry flat check.
    - Frightened condition value reduces by 1 at the end of the turn, unless the duration isn't 0.
    - Custom grouped list fields.
    - Lost Omens Character Guide to campaign setup "Lost Omens Setting" list.
    - "flatcheck" ruleset action.
    - ALT-click on Effect window condition button to get Core Rules appendix text displayed. Must have the Core Rules module open.

Changed:
    - PC ability automation applied icon position to the left of the name.
    - Previous single trait double-clock now shows info to all traits on the line.
    - slight formatting change to Save action window layout
    - Chargen tracker message format when adding an Ancestry, Background, Class or Heritage to a PC.
    - Drag/Drop of modifier buttons to hotkey bar no longer displays the modifier button icon behind. [+/-] added to the button text instead.

Removed:
    - ten minute exploration activity from PC right-click menu. This option remains for the GM in the combat tracker.

Fixed:
    - Crash when doing a trait lookup with approx 500 (or more) traits in the campaign.
    - RS2.086 ALIGN conditional effects not operating correctly
    - RS2.087 SIZE conditional effects not working for creatures with a rarity trait
    - RS2.088 Jotun language mispelled as Jotan
    - RS2.091 FGU - Level indicator background colour in campaign data lists always white
    - RS2.092 NPC attack strings with punctuation don't work - e.g. Nolly's hoe
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 24th, 2020 at 23:04.

It looks promising! Thanks Trenloe!

Sounds brilliant. Thanks for your efforts Trenloe!

This is great! I will have to see it in action on how the MAP is applied. It sounds like I can hit the MAP button once from the hot bar and the attacks I use after will have MAP correctly applied to that series of attacks until I switch attackers.

Can the GM apply this MAP to players attacks if they are up on the CT for attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    It sounds like I can hit the MAP button once from the hot bar and the attacks I use after will have MAP correctly applied to that series of attacks until I switch attackers.
    This button is no different than the multi attack button currently in the Modifier Window. They reset to off after each attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Can the GM apply this MAP to players attacks if they are up on the CT for attacks?
    Modifier buttons only apply to rolls on the FG instance they are set. So, if the GM is rolling from a character sheet, they use the buttons. If a player is rolling from their character sheet, that player uses the buttons.

Experiment with the buttons currently in the Modifier window to see how they work.

Excuse me if Im a kinda dumb ... but we aren't already in Release 15 on the live channel ?

/me is lost in Fantasygrounds !!!!

There is an issue I have with the MAP modifier buttons. I have dragged them to some hotkeys so I can use them with ease (which is great), but they are not added to the modifier stack like manual mods, which means there is no feedback when they are pressed. It would be nice if there was some kind of feedback/indicator to the user that the modifier is active without having to open the whole Modifiers window.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    It would be nice if there was some kind of feedback/indicator to the user that the modifier is active without having to open the whole Modifiers window.
    You’ll get that feedback via the new MAP buttons at the top of the CT, as well as the modifier window.

Thread Information