STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    Excuse me if Im a kinda dumb ... but we aren't already in Release 15 on the live channel ?

/me is lost in Fantasygrounds !!!!
    FG Clasic or Unity?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FG Clasic or Unity?
    Unity

Last edited by Sasmira; May 13th, 2020 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    Excuse me if Im a kinda dumb ... but we aren't already in Release 15 on the live channel ?

/me is lost in Fantasygrounds !!!!
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks like there was a release pushed from the FG version control to FG Unity live for a ruleset change from the main FG devs. But it also pushed a bunch of incremental changes I'd checked in. I'll have to skip that release number then...

Thanks for the heads up.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like there was a release pushed from the FG version control to FG Unity live for a ruleset change from the main FG devs. But it also pushed a bunch of incremental changes I'd checked in. I'll have to skip that release number then...

Thanks for the heads up.
    No problem Mr. T

Release 16 is now in the test channel. Lots of updates (see post #3).

If some folks have time to do some testing on this over the next week, please do and let me know how it goes.

One gotcha - if you've made custom Heritages they won't be visible. Heritages have now moved to the new lookupdata generic data store.

Core Rules have been updated to include lookup data for Conditions (ALT-click on the button in the Effect window, or double-click on a condition in the CT to see it's Appendix text) and Heritages. Lost Omens Character Guide - Player Guide has been updated with the new format heritages.

Regarding the flat check to end persistent damage - will there be support for the "assisted recovery" rules? In other words, can we apply an effect or something to reduce the DC of the flat check to 10 in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Regarding the flat check to end persistent damage - will there be support for the "assisted recovery" rules? In other words, can we apply an effect or something to reduce the DC of the flat check to 10 in that case?
    The GM will manually adjust the DC in the CT. It's a new field. If there's no value for PERS it assumes the flat check DC is 15. I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything other than a manual edit for assisted recovery.

Attached Images Attached Images

The GM will manually adjust the DC in the CT. It's a new field. If there's no value for PERS it assumes the flat check DC is 15
    Is there a way to disable the auto rolling? Some players enjoying rolling things themselves. Or does it only work for NPCs (as I can't seem to get it to work on a PC).

It also seems to only work with the PERS keyword, which makes me wonder why the tooltip says "Effect DC (if relevant)". If it only works for PERS, then surely it is always relevant?

Also, the tooltip for this new field confused me a bit. It says "F = Flat check", which I first read as you needing to give it a value of F to make it so, but it turns out you can't and it is always a flat check. I'm therefore guessing that it is just informing the user that it is a flat check, in which case I would suggest not wording it like that?

Some other things I've noticed (these are also the case in the current Live Release 15):

One final thing to report on my brief test of Release 16. When I first opened a PCs Action tab, I got the follow errors reported in the console.

Code:
    [5/22/2020 6:43:41 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
    [5/22/2020 6:43:41 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/22/2020 6:43:47 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.65:1802) (fe80::f547:7b75:95c:203e:1802)]
    [5/22/2020 6:43:48 PM] Game server started. [192.168.1.65:1802]
    [5/22/2020 6:43:48 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [5/22/2020 6:43:48 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [5/22/2020 6:43:58 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  template: Could not find template (groupbox) in class (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentday) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentmonth) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentyear) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (addall) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timesep3) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:13 PM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (upall) in windowclass (chattime)
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] RULESET: Pathfinder RPG Second Edition ruleset v3.3.10 (PF2 release 16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2020 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] EXTENSION: PFRPG2 Better Save Descriptions v0.2.\rCopyright 2020 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (Clock Adjuster) loaded.
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (Overlay PF2) loaded.
    [5/22/2020 6:44:14 PM] EXTENSION: Spell Level Damage v1.0 loaded.
    [5/22/2020 6:46:15 PM] [WARNING]  Frame charsheet contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [5/22/2020 6:46:15 PM] [WARNING]  Frame charsheet contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
    [5/22/2020 6:46:15 PM] [WARNING]  Frame charsheet contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.
    [5/22/2020 6:46:15 PM] [WARNING]  Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [5/22/2020 6:46:21 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)
    [5/22/2020 6:46:21 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua"]:128: attempt to call field 'getActionEffectDC' (a nil value)

Thanks for doing some testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Is there a way to disable the auto rolling? Some players enjoying rolling things themselves. Or does it only work for NPCs (as I can't seem to get it to work on a PC).
    It should work for PCs and NPCs. There is not a way to disable it in the test version - as I want it to be tested. There will be an option to disable the auto-roll later - but this will mean that it has to be handled 100% manually (like it is now).

It also seems to only work with the PERS keyword, which makes me wonder why the tooltip says "Effect DC (if relevant)". If it only works for PERS, then surely it is always relevant?
    As mentioned in post #3: "DC entry to effect actions and an effect entry in the CT. Currently only used for PERS expiry flat check." The DC field is always visible for all effects, and is a way of tracking any related DC to an effect/condition - some won't have a DC, but some will. Immobilized and Sickened are two good examples, plus stages of an affliction. As this is purely in the first stages of test the DC field is informational for all effects/conditions except PERS. Hence the wording of the tooltip.

Also, the tooltip for this new field confused me a bit. It says "F = Flat check", which I first read as you needing to give it a value of F to make it so, but it turns out you can't and it is always a flat check. I'm therefore guessing that it is just informing the user that it is a flat check, in which case I would suggest not wording it like that?
    See the previous paragraph for the various uses of the DC field. Some non-standard effect/conditions DCs may be flat checks, others may not. The F is important to determine the type of check - as mentioned in the tooltip. I've changed the wording of the tooltip slightly.

Some other things I've noticed (these are also the case in the current Live Release 15):

Thanks for reporting all of these Unity issues.

One final thing to report on my brief test of Release 16. When I first opened a PCs Action tab, I got the follow errors reported in the console.

Code:
    Thanks for reporting - I'll update the ruleset to avoid this error.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 23rd, 2020 at 17:07.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.

I really appreciate all the work you're putting into this.

Thread Information