DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Confused of Kent

Hi,

I want to add images and the world data for the systems in the Trojan Reach into Traveller on FG. I watched a tutorial, but it was based around the 5e ruleset and it says next to the store button is a load file button And in the you tube clip they proceed to drag and drop their lovely files into the fight location. On the Traveller interface there isn’t a load file button next to the store button. I’ve seen that the Trojan Reach data is listed elsewhere in this forum. The question is how do I get it and any images I want into my campaign I’m creating?

I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere.

Fellow Travellers help before I space myself in frustration.

You have to manually copy the .mod file that you want to load inside the folder with all the other .mod files. The container folder is differente depending on the OS you use and installation. But usually on the front cover screen of Fantasy Grounds there is a folder icon you can use to access it.

Then you can load it inside the Library.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi.

Welcome!

Fantasy Grounds can be a little frustrating at first but it becomes pretty intuitive once you use it a bit.

To bring up your Fantasy Grounds data directory you can click the folder icon on the Fantasy Grounds launcher.

The modules will go into the module directory, this is true for everything with a .mod extension. Once it is in the modules directory you can load it from the library button by clicking the modules button and loading the newly added module.

In the event you run across an .ext that would go in the extensions directory. This is not important here but is useful to know.

If you load your campaign up and click on the images button there is another folder icon. This will open a folder directly to the images directory. Fantasy Grounds will see images placed in this directory (or subdirectories) and automatically add them to the new dropdown or whatever dropdown you happen to have focus on when you clicked the folder icon. It is helpful in locating your images to not be in a random dropdown when adding images.

Once you have your image you can drag and drop the associated link into the notes section of the system that you want to associate it with along with any additional text you want to add.

If you want players to be able to see the image you need to also share the image otherwise they will see the link tab but it will not be viewable.

If you are looking for systems in the Trojan Reaches the main stats are all in the Trojan Reaches module located here. I am not able to share text or graphics with the modules but the system UWP and associated information gives a good head start.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by esmdev; May 12th, 2020 at 19:20. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

Welcome!

Fantasy Grounds can be a little frustrating at first but it becomes pretty intuitive once you use it a bit.

To bring up your Fantasy Grounds data directory you can click the folder icon on the Fantasy Grounds launcher.

The modules will go into the module directory, this is true for everything with a .mod extension. Once it is in the modules directory you can load it from the library button by clicking the modules button and loading the newly added module.

In the event you run across an .ext that would go in the extensions directory. This is not important here but is useful to know.

If you load your campaign up and click on the images button there is another folder icon. This will open a folder directly to the images directory. Fantasy Grounds will see images placed in this directory (or subdirectories) and automatically add them to the new dropdown or whatever dropdown you happen to have focus on when you clicked the folder icon. It is helpful in locating your images to not be in a random dropdown when adding images.

Once you have your image you can drag and drop the associated link into the notes section of the system that you want to associate it with along with any additional text you want to add.

If you want players to be able to see the image you need to also share the image otherwise they will see the link tab but it will not be viewable.

If you are looking for systems in the Trojan Reaches the main stats are all in the Trojan Reaches module located here. I am not able to share text or graphics with the modules but the system UWP and associated information gives a good head start.

Hope this helps.
    Hi,

It says that the files are movie clips. Is that right? It seems a bit odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyb2019 View Post
    Hi,

It says that the files are movie clips. Is that right? It seems a bit odd to me.
    Yes, it does seem odd, but it is only because for association sake (module = .mod) the original authors of Fantasy Grounds used a file type extension that is normally associated with Windows Media Player. If you look in the modules directory you will see that all the modules come up like that. You just download it from the forum to the modules directory and it will work.

Hurrah...I have got the sectors I want. I'll find the maps as images elsewhere and perhaps I won't throw myself out of the nearest airlock...I was getting extremely frustrated. Tanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I want to run Pirates of Drinax. I have it in physical form. I know it is on the to do list for MBM, but I've got a few ideas for running some scenarios first before diving into it. So that will help me get used to the system. I've used Roll20 for D&D and Cthulhu games, but I am a huge Traveller fan and it's not supported on Roll 20.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyb2019 View Post
    Hurrah...I have got the sectors I want. I'll find the maps as images elsewhere and perhaps I won't throw myself out of the nearest airlock...I was getting extremely frustrated. Tanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I want to run Pirates of Drinax. I have it in physical form. I know it is on the to do list for MBM, but I've got a few ideas for running some scenarios first before diving into it. So that will help me get used to the system. I've used Roll20 for D&D and Cthulhu games, but I am a huge Traveller fan and it's not supported on Roll 20.
    Glad I could help. I'm around here and there most days if you have more questions. I can't answer all but can answer many.

Thread Information