DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Portraits on the charsheet

I have skimmed the forums and saw a lot of posts saying it is feasable but no code anywhere.
    Has somebody figured out a way to put portraits ON the charsheet?
    Always keep it in perspective!

Sorry to crush your optimism but as far as I know there is no way to link a custom portrait to a players character sheet.

think again!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?t=5060&page=2

you need to set up an image field on your character sheet
    and then once a character has been created go into the db.xml and edit the path of the image source.

i know i'm being a little vague but a few people seem quite protective over the actual code used to put images into FG. sorry

but it is possible.
    Regards
    Uni

Granted this can be done but will this work when a character sheet is closed at the end of a session ... and then reopened ?

sure will.
    Plus if you draw over it(like you do on maps) this will remain for any subsequent sessions as well.

Cool ! I'm gonna try this tomorrow !

Yeah I tought I would sound like this... edit the database by hand afterwards but what I need is the code to put an image field :P
    I looked at all the other xml pages and found some stuff but I can't pinpoint the important parts of it.
    If I find anything, I'll let you know.

- EDIT -

OMG it was so easy!!!
    Thanks Uni, it was all I needed to figure it out.
    And your right when you say that the rewards of using your nugget are great
    https://legriffondor.com/archives/Chartest.jpg

BTW great ruleset.
    Could you tell me a little bit more about the radial menu you seem to have created?
    ANd Archetypes.. do you mean people "build" their character...?
    Last edited by Tokuriku; March 26th, 2007 at 03:34.

all i did was change the icons for the existing radial menu.

by Archetypes ..i mean...like some RPGs (Shadowrun, Star Wars etc) you can choose a pre-set character and modify it to suit your own taste......the code I have set up allows you to browse the 'rulebook' pick the archetype you want to play and then copy the stats, equipment, flaws/advantages etc to a players character sheet...simply so they don't have to type those details in themselves.....it can speed up character creation time quite a bit.

Glad you like the stuff so far. I must admit I haven't done any more to this particular ruleset. I keep trying to get my head around FG2 lua scripting. And I'm keen to do a SLA Industries ruleset, now that things are starting to pick up again with that particular license with John Dodd at the helm.

thx again and i'm glad you figured it out.
    Uni

Thanks
    But what about this radial menu; I might be wrong but I don't think it's a standard radial menu.
    https://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap4ya7.jpg

Thread Information