STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Various Typos and Missing Automation

Apologies if these have been covered before;

FGU TYPO
    In Races> Racial Abilities> Size 1 (1) should be Size -1 (1) note the minus sign
    In Items> Medium & Large Shields> Appear with Cover +2, +4 as per the Swade rules this should be -2 and -4

FGU SWADE RULES - Automation is missing from;
    Range Modifiers -2,-4,-8, SWADE p93 don’t appear to be in/working

Shields SWADE p71 provides cover depending on shield size 0, -2, -4

Shields can do damage SWADE p71, so should be on the Hero Combat tab, yes?

Powers Range needs to be auto miss if outside of the Powers Range.

For SWADE $ is the default currency, but for FGU SWADE there are 3 fields for currency, one of them should be for $ ?
    Currency is not deducted when items are dragged and dropped on to the Character sheets.

GUI - very minor as they work 90%+ of the time
    Occasionally on the character sheet, some not all of the dice icons disappear
    Occasionally text boxes are blank, I can scroll up with the mouse wheel and the text is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDog View Post
    Apologies if these have been covered before;

FGU TYPO
    In Races> Racial Abilities> Size 1 (1) should be Size -1 (1) note the minus sign
    In Items> Medium & Large Shields> Appear with Cover +2, +4 as per the Swade rules this should be -2 and -4

FGU SWADE RULES - Automation is missing from;
    Range Modifiers -2,-4,-8, SWADE p93 don’t appear to be in/working

Shields SWADE p71 provides cover depending on shield size 0, -2, -4

Shields can do damage SWADE p71, so should be on the Hero Combat tab, yes?

Powers Range needs to be auto miss if outside of the Powers Range.

For SWADE $ is the default currency, but for FGU SWADE there are 3 fields for currency, one of them should be for $ ?
    Currency is not deducted when items are dragged and dropped on to the Character sheets.

GUI - very minor as they work 90%+ of the time
    Occasionally on the character sheet, some not all of the dice icons disappear
    Occasionally text boxes are blank, I can scroll up with the mouse wheel and the text is displayed.
    FGU is in Beta and there are known issues, at this time things that do not work in FGU work in FGC, so iof it works in FGC but not FGU it's an FGU bug not a SW ruleset bug, of course you would need to try it in both to know if it is a FGU or SW bug.

Range modifiers do work (in FGC at least, have you got a grid on? without a grid there is no distance)

Page 71: Cover subtracts from ranged attacks from the front and shielded side (attacks from the rear or unprotected side ignore cover). Therefore you cannot automate this as facing and direction of attack are not a feature of FGC.

Cover +2 +4 is correct for how FG calculates cover.

Currency is not deducted when items are dragged and dropped on to the Character sheets. - Not a bug Fantasy Grounds is not a character creation tool, it is a digital table top with a character sheet, you need to manually deduct money.

Powers: You spend the extra power points to double the range this is not a miss, but again at this time there is no functionality to apply modifiers in this case, anyway you are told when the power is out of range.

$ is not the currency in Hellfrost/50 Fathoms/Savage Pathfinder/<insert any of the hundreds of settings SW has> therefore there is no reason to lose a currency row by forcing to have a $ field, just type the currency you want to use next to each field

For a explanation of FX in FG read this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects

I'll be making a video this week to show the 5.2.3 features with regards to FX.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I just discovered that you can set the default currency in Options. Click on the currencies button on the bottom of Options and you set default currencies. Since Tyrnador uses cp as the default, changing the $ was getting annoying. Now I only see cp

Hi Doswelk thanks for the reply

Im new to FGU and Savage Worlds (not new to Dev cycle)

These comments are about SWADE on FGU.

Yes the grid was on, it shows the range, so I would expect the correct deductions to be applied at the appropriate range.

Currency: I was suggesting $ as thats whats in the SWADE rulebook, and wrongly assuming that a FG SW module would change the currency to its world. But from what you said, players use the SWADE rules and their own currency, so yes no hard coding.

IceBear, good catch, yes it filters through to the character sheets and the Party Sheet Inventory.

Thanks!

Checked again and the range deductions are NOT automated , nor are they listed in the Effects table, so have to be done manually. :-(

Also Shields are not included in the Effects table, nor are they automated, so have to be done manually. :-(
    -Irrespective of facing, the could be automatically applied to the hero, as probably most missile hits would be against the shielded side.
    -or they could be in the Effects table.

Yeah, definitely a FGU issue. In Classic, shooting at someone at medium range automatically has a -2 penalty - as long as there's a grid.

I'm pretty sure the medium shields in Classic have the [Parry +2, Cover +2] effect built into them. Do you see that line on the item in the item list? Maybe whomever was deciding automation for Unity decided that since there's a chance the shield bonus won't apply it's not automatically added? In my mind, it's probably more likely that it is that it isn't. Oh, wait! I had a thought...is the shield equipped? If it's not equipped you don't get the bonus. In our games, if I attack the guy with a ranged attack from the rear I ask him to unequip the shield first.

After testing I have it working in both FG versions. So it is not a ruleset issue. We not going to have a diffrent ruleset for a new platform so any diffrence in down to unity.
    However unity also seems to working just fine too with only one minor change. In FGU the only diffrence is there is no target arrow being draw. Apart from that all modifiers work the same. If a shield is equipped it works fine and gives correct modifers.
    An NPC will need an effect added if they pick up and equip a shield mid fight.

Although once again got bring up the whole FGU beta warning. Just because I can get it to work does not mean it can't be easily broken.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

I've seen a lot of people mention problems with range in FGU..was there anything extra you had to do? Just draw a grid and target something outside short range?

Oh...a thought about range...you're putting everything in the combat tracker and move the tokens from there to the gridded map?

Thread Information