STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDog View Post
    Alancorp just in case you dont know about this there is some logic in the current version.

On the Character sheets go to the Traits tab, in the Advances pane there is a + press it and a mini window displays some stats.

The skills add up to 17, but thats fine as 5+ 12 you can enter is 17.

Hope that helps.
    Yeah, I did see that. It is somewhat helpful but could definitively be built on top of. This was where I noticed if you first take the attractive edge, it shows 1 edge used, but if you then take the very attractive edge it is smart enough to replace the attractive edge but then it still only shows 1 edge so the logic there is just to show you what you currently have but doesn’t take into account the advancement calculations. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I think that's the issue for me but the other way around, I have been using FG since 2005 and Savage Worlds since 2007 there was no automation (other than dice acing and wild dice) back then, Ikael spoils you...
    It's that spoiling that just had me switch from Roll20 to FGU, and from GURPS to SW.

Quote Originally Posted by fubeca150 View Post
    It's that spoiling that just had me switch from Roll20 to FGU, and from GURPS to SW.
    Don’t get me wrong, I think SWADE with FGU is great and the best VTT out there. I appreciate all the effort put into continuous improvements and the short time I’ve been here, Ikael and the rest of the dev team are great and push out new things all the time. But there are always more improvements to be made. If only we can clone the entire team and have more resources.

Blog Entries
    There is always a list of things that the devs would like to do next and another list (often longer) that GMs and Players might like to see.
    Even when something is a good idea it may not get done because the difficulty id higher than the perceived value (at that time at least) or there are just other things that have a higher priority on the devs list.
    It never hurts to make suggestions just bear in mind that there are many reasons why something might not get done.

I definitely think the best way forward would be to enable importation from Savaged.us. There's no point in reinventing the wheel, and that site already does it all so well.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    I definitely think the best way forward would be to enable importation from Savaged.us. There's no point in reinventing the wheel, and that site already does it all so well.
    Actually just found out it already works!

Below is a text export of a character for Deadlands Lost Colony:
    Jesse Cain
    Seasoned Female Human, Pilot
    Description
    Whether something needs to get to the opposite side of One or the Belt, you’re the person to get it there. The job isn’t always on the level, but that’s never really bothered you.
    Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
    Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Driving d8, Electronics d6, Fighting d6, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Piloting d8, Repair d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d4
    Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
    Hindrances: Greedy (minor), Overconfident, Ruthless (minor)
    Edges: Ace, Combat Reflexes, Gravitic Acclimation, Luck, Quick, Steady Hands
    Armor: Body Armor
    Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Sawed-Off Double- Barrel (Scattergun) (12g) (Range 5/10/20, Damage 1-3d6, ROF 2)
    Gear: Ammo: 5.56, .30-30, .30-06 shotgun shells, Commlink
    Language: Native (native, d8)
    Current Wealth: $5

Special Abilities
    Adaptable: Humans begin play with any Novice Edge of their choosing. They must meet its Requirements as usual.

Starting Bennies: 4
    Advances

Edge: Gravitic AcclimationRaise Skills: Athletics/PilotingRaise Skills: Driving/FightingEdge: Combat ReflexesEdge: Steady Hands
    ------------------

Current Load: 14 (20)
    Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Deadlands: Lost ColonyValidity: Character appears valid and optimal
    Copied the above to clipboard

Opened FG and created SW campaign with NPC maker, clicked create NPC this is what I got:

SavagedUS.JPG
    So if I had removed
    ------------------

Current Load: 14 (20)
    Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Deadlands: Lost ColonyValidity: Character appears valid and optimal
    I reckon it would have been perfect!

Finally make NPC a wildcard (could have done this by putting '?' in front of name) then drag to Character selection screen.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Yep, just like I mentioned earlier That can be done with any statblock output, mind you. However I would note that to really get it right you also need to do some clean-up. I like to drag-and-drop the actual skills and hindrances over from their actual entries, for example. Especially for Edges and Hindrances since many of them are now set-up properly with effects keywords, something most of those stat-blocks won't include, things like that. Still, it make creation in a program like saveged.us or Hero Lab quite useful and getting something very workable for importing into Fantasy Grounds. I would also add that while savaged.us is great for what it does, it does lack a LOT of extra material. Having some kind of interface for "fan created" add-ons for it would be very helpful if that were possible.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information