FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: 3.5 Dragons mod

3.5 Dragons mod

Hey everyone, I decided to build a module for 3.5 Dragons and I'm starting with the Chromatic Dragons. As this takes time, I going to release one full dragon set (Wyrmling to Great Wyrm) at a time so others can enjoy while I do the others. I started with the Green Dragons so this first version just has those entries. I found the starter template that Callum made (THANKS) but decided to build the NPCs up from the beginning Wyrmling level to ensure each age is an advancement of the previous age. Some notes:
    • Full Attack uses an OR instead of an AND so that you can target each attack to a different target if desired
    • I added Spells of my choosing but in alignment to the Monster Manual/Sorcerer rules so you can cast them on targeted PCs (Feel free to modify if you want a different build)
    • I advanced skills each level to reflect stat changes and size difference which means the dragon levels like a PC so the number of skill points is less than rules since it retroactively gives points as intelligence goes up for past levels. However, since PCs don't get that advantage, I choose to use the HD difference to determine next age group points. These seems more fair to me as Dragons are already powerful.
    • I adjusted entries to reflect Feat bonuses. For example, improved initiative feat adjusted init entry once added as a feat

While I tried to review each entry multiple times, please let me know if you see any mistakes so I can address them as I want this to be true to 3.5 rules. I hope everyone enjoys and will post updates when I get the next group done.

Fix:
    2020-05-09:
    • Added Languages
    • Fixed Organization Information
    • Fixed missed bonus for Alertness
    • Added First Four Black Dragons
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DonE66; May 17th, 2020 at 06:55. Reason: Fix Update

Quote Originally Posted by DonE66 View Post
    Hey everyone, I decided to build a module for 3.5 Dragons and I'm starting with the Chromatic Dragons. As this takes time, I going to release one full dragon set (Wyrmling to Great Wyrm) at a time so others can enjoy while I do the others. I started with the Green Dragons so this first version just has those entries. I found the starter template that Callum made (THANKS) but decided to build the NPCs up from the beginning Wyrmling level to ensure each age is an advancement of the previous age. Some notes:
    • Full Attack uses an OR instead of an AND so that you can target each attack to a different target if desired
    • I added Spells of my choosing but in alignment to the Monster Manual/Sorcerer rules so you can cast them on targeted PCs (Feel free to modify if you want a different build)
    • I advanced skills each level to reflect stat changes and size difference which means the dragon levels like a PC so the number of skill points is less than rules since it retroactively gives points as intelligence goes up for past levels. However, since PCs don't get that advantage, I choose to use the HD difference to determine next age group points. These seems more fair to me as Dragons are already powerful.
    • I adjusted entries to reflect Feat bonuses. For example, improved initiative feat adjusted init entry once added as a feat

While I tried to review each entry multiple times, please let me know if you see any mistakes so I can address them as I want this to be true to 3.5 rules. I hope everyone enjoys and will post updates when I get the next group done.

Fix:
    2020-05-09:
    • Added Languages
    • Fixed Organization Information
    • Fixed missed bonus for Alertness
    • Added First Four Black Dragons
    Very nice, thanks I use the Complete SRD of the FG store for the dragons but it is a bit outdated and old module, looking forward to your mod

I have updated the mod above to now include the entire Black Dragon tree. Next up is the Blue Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by DonE66 View Post
    I have updated the mod above to now include the entire Black Dragon tree. Next up is the Blue Dragons.
    About Blue Dragons: I have converted Iymrith some months ago (with all of their actions etc.), https://archive.wizards.com/default....d/wn/20021120a

Maybe I can send you that, then there would be also a named dragon in your module? (but we need to figure out first what the Copyright is about the freely and digitally released stuff of WotC; when someone knows that then please answer I may need to remove some of her spells which do come from one of the supplementary books, or I simply remove their descriptions (the action itself should not have any copyright issue))

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    About Blue Dragons: I have converted Iymrith some months ago (with all of their actions etc.), https://archive.wizards.com/default....d/wn/20021120a

Maybe I can send you that, then there would be also a named dragon in your module? (but we need to figure out first what the Copyright is about the freely and digitally released stuff of WotC; when someone knows that then please answer I may need to remove some of her spells which do come from one of the supplementary books, or I simply remove their descriptions (the action itself should not have any copyright issue))
    That would be great, please do send. I see if I can find some info on the license bit. Thanks, I can move on then to the Reds...

Oki, here is Iymrith I replaced her description with the general blue dragon description, and I added her source in the archive (the weblink) and also some disclaimer about her data:

Iymrith has a lot of personal informations and spells of supplementary books (also two/three own creations). Their descriptions are removed due to copyright infringements. When you do not have access to those spells then simply replace them by other spells. I updated Iymrith to 3.5e and adjusted her physical traits by the Draconomicon to make her even more individual. The actions here are using effects etc. of my extensions, simply ignore these extensions when you do not use my extensions
    You can edit her actions of course (but she is the only blue dragon there, she was the only dragon I ever used so far ) (and Iymrith's data is for 3.0, therefore my sentence about updating that I updated her to 3.5e)

About draconomicon: Her tail attack etc. may be slightly different (the draconomicon introduces individual physical traits, I think just the change of range and DCs of these attacks should be allowed by the copyright)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 22nd, 2020 at 04:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oki, here is Iymrith I replaced her description with the general blue dragon description, and I added her source in the archive (the weblink) and also some disclaimer about her data:

You can edit her actions of course (but she is the only blue dragon there, she was the only dragon I ever used so far ) (and Iymrith's data is for 3.0, therefore my sentence about updating that I updated her to 3.5e)

About draconomicon: Her tail attack etc. may be slightly different (the draconomicon introduces individual physical traits, I think just the change of range and DCs of these attacks should be allowed by the copyright)
    Thanks, I will review and include. It probably will be a week or so before I get to post a new update.

Thread Information