DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Private ones, yes, but no "official" modules.
    Ping Gavin at necrotic gnome discord if you want official content. I'd love to share what I am building in.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    In MoreCore see:
    scripts/manager_export_morecore.lua

This will need to be extended in the extension...
    Tell me what data types are not exporting please.
    Oh, I thought the extension would use that automatically? Can I just add that to the extension and it will start exporting classes correctly? Because *without* the extension it exports fine. (And without that LUA I found.)

At the moment I just rebuilt all the classes in my Rules Cyclopedia and it exports and works great now.

To be clear, "Classes" is not available for export with the extension loaded unless I comment out that LUA file I mentioned.
    Last edited by Xorn; September 9th, 2021 at 06:10.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Xorn what are you trying to do that the stand alone OSE ruleset can't do for you?
    I've never looked at the OSE ruleset before, so I'm not sure if it would be better than MoreCore + OSE Extension. But I'm not playing OSE, I'm playing BECMI--I've modified the MC-OSE extension to have 36 levels of saves, use the regular MoreCore class template, and a few other things; called it BECMI-Essentials. I've put literally every word and table from the D&D Rules Cyclopedia into a reference module using MoreCore+"BECMI Essentials".
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Oh, I thought the extension would use that automatically? Can I just add that to the extension and it will start exporting classes correctly? Because *without* the extension it exports fine. (And without that LUA I found.)

At the moment I just rebuilt all the classes in my Rules Cyclopedia and it exports and works great now.
    It should - but something is not working.
    I think you mentioned something else that wasnt exporting?
    Ill look at the code over the weekend hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I've never looked at the OSE ruleset before, so I'm not sure if it would be better than MoreCore + OSE Extension. But I'm not playing OSE, I'm playing BECMI--I've modified the MC-OSE extension to have 36 levels of saves, use the regular MoreCore class template, and a few other things; called it BECMI-Essentials. I've put literally every word and table from the D&D Rules Cyclopedia into a reference module using MoreCore+"BECMI Essentials".
    Very good!

FG-RC.png

Sharing/flexing...
    Ultimate License DM

A lot of work right there, nicely done. If you are ever ready to convert that over to the stand alone OSE let me know. An extension to take care of the changes and change the graphics would be pretty easy. You would gain a bit of automation but morecore is great.

IS it a full conversion of this?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...=44828_0_0_0_0

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...=44828_0_0_0_0

Full conversion of this actually. In early 90s they took all the Basic, Expert, Companion, Master, and a little of the Immortal boxed sets and made them into 1 hardcover book. It was a lot of work building it. I'm sure a significant portion would convert over just fine. I'm going to look at the OSE stand-alone and see how it compares to MoreCore + BECMI Essentials.

EDIT: I grabbed OSE2 and took a look at it. Looks like I'd need a pretty hefty extension overlay in order to make this BECMI-friendly. I don't play OSE so I'm not positive what all changes, but BECMI has 36 levels, 7 levels of cleric spells, 9 levels of magic spells. With the MoreCore + BECMI extension, THACO auto calculates from class/level or monster HD, and Saves auto fill for NPCs from the Save As field.

The OSE2 character sheet only shows 6 spell levels, but looks pretty clean otherwise. NPCs look like a wash, though I'm sure they'd have to all be re-entered. Items look about the same, if they could be dropped into the weapons tab that might be an improvement. The class sheet looks like it would cover what I need, and I can add 36 levels for the human classes in the Data tab.

Looks like it could be an eventual improvement, but I'm definitely not qualified to make the adjustments needed in an extension.
    Last edited by Xorn; September 9th, 2021 at 19:50.
    Ultimate License DM

The classes, races and spells are fully customizable. You can have level 20 spells, level 100 classes and any race you want. All those boxes are are for spell slots at each level. if all you need are more boxes I can make that extension in about 10 minutes

Thread Information