STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I believe that if you use the Universal Modules extension you should be able to load up the maps and story.
    You will also see the encounters but the monsters will need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I believe that if you use the Universal Modules extension you should be able to load up the maps and story.
    You will also see the encounters but the monsters will need to be replaced.
    Thanks! Yeah that makes sense; since the stat blocks are surely different. But even if it’s just monsters, having the maps and story there already would be a major help with preparation.

I have keep on the borderlands for 2e and It loads up with the universal modules extension. I just noticed damned had already replied.
    Last edited by Durhazz; August 18th, 2021 at 21:39. Reason: update

Have there been any modules done with the SRD data for OSE yet? I haven't been able to find any.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Have there been any modules done with the SRD data for OSE yet? I haven't been able to find any.
    Private ones, yes, but no "official" modules.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think that there is OSE data available for the new standalone OSE2.pak ruleset.
    Ah, yes I found a mod in Forge. Thanks!

After a lot of experimenting I have determined that with this Extension loaded, you can't /export Classes to a module. I made a new MoreCore campaign with no extensions loaded and I can export Classes just fine. When I load the same campaign with the OSE Extension, Classes does not appear in the export window, and even with select all, Classes are not exported.

MoreCore w/o OSE Ext: https://puu.sh/I9U55/b625ee34c0.png

MoreCore w/ OSE Ext: https://puu.sh/I9U6A/b4dcf72d7f.png

I even tried removing the record_pcclass.xml and the extension reference to it (so it uses the MoreCore Classes which I prefer) and I still can't export Classes. I've got the entire Rules Cyclopedia perfectly built but I can't export the classes LOL!

Can someone that understands Extensions better than I do tell me what part of this extension is removing Classes from the export window so I can fix it? Thanks!

EDITS: Revised my question as I did more and more self-experimenting.

UPDATE: I've figured out commenting out the following in extension.xml will restore Classes in the export window. It also makes the classes I built not show up anymore, but at least I figured out where it's blocking it:

<script name="DesktopManagerOSE" file="scripts/data_library_ose.lua" />

Now to figure out what line in the LUA file is messing with the export, and hopefully not having to rebuild all the classes I made. (When I put the line back my classes display.)

UPDATE: Removed that line again from extensions.xml, started a new campaign, and I can't figure out what has been lost. The Class window looks the same as it always has, and it's available to export. Can anyone explain what that LUA file is supposed to do? I don't know LUA for ****, I'm just turning switches and knobs trying to get it to work.

Code:
    function onInit()

-- Class Data Type
        LibraryData.setRecordTypeInfo("pcclass", {
            sDisplayText = "library_recordtype_label_pcclasses",
            aDataMap = { "class", "referencepcclass" },
            aDisplayIcon = { "button_pcclass", "button_pcclass_down" },
            fToggleIndex = toggleCharRecordIndex,
            sRecordDisplayClass = "pcclass",
        });

end
    Last edited by Xorn; September 8th, 2021 at 20:02.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    In MoreCore see:
    scripts/manager_export_morecore.lua

This will need to be extended in the extension...
    Tell me what data types are not exporting please.

Xorn what are you trying to do that the stand alone OSE ruleset can't do for you?

Thread Information