DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

Old School Essentials for MoreCore

Old School Essentials MoreCore

This should get you up and running to play the fantastic Old School Essentials by Nectrotic Gnome. Gavin Norman has ok'd this, the decals are official OSE logos.

I'm sure there is a better way of packaging this up, but it's the best I can do with the time I've got. I only have the Unity Beta, so it's be built with that, I'd assume it will work with classic. There are three files you need to make this work all contained in OSE_MoreCore.zip:

• Readme.md - info to set this all up
    • Old_School_Essentials MoreCore.ext - this modifies the character sheet and the NPC sheet and ties in rolls to the combat tracker. It's based on Damned's video tutorials, but there are some steps in the automation I didn't do.
    • Old_School_Essentials.mod - has a couple of tables and class information from the SRD and a character sheet with attributes, saving throws, attacks and damage. I will probably add Thief skills on there at some point.

You will also need the excellent MoreCore ruleset by Damned

1. Download OSE_MoreCore.zip
    2. Extract and put the Old_School_Essentials_MoreCore.ext file in the Fantasy Grounds/extension folder
    3. Extract and put the Old_School_Essentials.mod file in the Fantasy Grounds/modules folder
    4. Create a new campaign using the MoreCore ruleset
    5. Select the Old School Essentials extension (and probably an extension to apply a theme; I like to use the MoreCore - OSR Theme extension)
    6. Once your game has loaded, in Options set:
      • Desktop Decal image to one of the Old School Essentials decals
      • CT: Initiative Dice Size to d6

7. Open Library and select Modules. Load the Old School Essentials module. This will load a couple of tables, classes, an example NPC with combat tracker rolls set up and a pregen character sheet that you can use to create more characters.

Notes
    I have removed content from the Main and Abilities tabs, they are blank.

Changelog
    2020-07-12: Updated LUA comments embedded in XML files from -- to --[[]], thanks to Varsuuk for pointing this out

OSE MoreCore Screenshot.png

EDIT: Please use the separate .EXT file for now
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by damned; August 15th, 2021 at 01:11. Reason: Fix due to LUA comments format change, thanks to Varsuuk for solution

Blog Entries
    Well done Old Scouser Roleplaying

You might try the MoreCore - Dungeon Theme with this and see if the look and feel is more suited to your game.

A grateful world (excluding Merseyside) shwers hosanas on you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Well done Old Scouser Roleplaying

You might try the MoreCore - Dungeon Theme with this and see if the look and feel is more suited to your game.
    Thanks! I've tried that and the MoreCore OSR theme, both are a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimbyd View Post
    A grateful world (excluding Merseyside) shwers hosanas on you.
    Appreciated... There may yet be some in Merseyside who will appreciate my efforts.

Blog Entries
    Script Error: [string "npc_main:hd"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
    Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { } | s' aMinor: ' | { }
    Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
    That error when I created a new campaign today. Maybe something not working with changes that Damned recently did? Or Classic and Unity slightly different (I use Classic).
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Yup, the old "-- comment" vs " --[[ comment ]]" when in embedded xml script thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    That error when I created a new campaign today. Maybe something not working with changes that Damned recently did? Or Classic and Unity slightly different (I use Classic).
    I'll try an update it at the weekend.

This removes the error due to the comments. If I find anything else, I will post it. I am tracking changes in my local git.
    I expect I will look at the warnings about anchors as well when I get to those files.

Right now, I am taking your awesome work as the starting point for a S&W MoreCore adaptation that another community member asked me to modify for him to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information