STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Mongoose 2300AD 1st Edition Extension

Afternoon,

Most people won't know that I wanted to get 2300AD working for FG a few years ago. When I bought the Mongoose books for 2300AD it was using the Mongoose Traveller ruleset, rather than the GDW ruleset.

So I spoke to Mongoose and talked to them about bringing 2300AD into FG, but Matt told me that I needed first to get MGT1E into FG.

When I finished MGT1E, MGT2E came out about a few months earlier. I didn't care really, I wanted to work on 2300AD. So I told Matt than I've finished MGT1E and I was ready to work on 2300AD, then he told me that 2300AD 2E was coming out 'soon'. That was about 2 years ago. It was going to be coming out this year but now I think it's next year, I just don't know.

Anyway, so I can't work on the 2300AD books/adventure but GunbunnyFuFu has been using MGT2E to run his 2300AD game. So he's sent me some things that he will need, and here you go.

This is a small extension at the moment, if people want me to add more stuff then let me know here please. I don't have that much time at the moment, working on MGT2E v1.1.1 (Freight and Mail Trade at the moment).

If other people want to work on the extension, then add it here and I'll update this post with it and I'll add you into the credits.

What's in this extension:

• Added 'Impossible' button which updates the 16 Difficulty Number.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 9th, 2020 at 14:48.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks MBM!!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    When I finished MGT1E, MGT2E came out about a few months earlier. I didn't care really, I wanted to work on 2300AD. So I told Matt than I've finished MGT1E and I was ready to work on 2300AD, then he told me that 2300AD 2E was coming out 'soon'. That was about 2 years ago. It was going to be coming out this year but now I think it's next year, I just don't know.
    This was posted in January: https://forum.mongoosepublishing.com...p?f=2&t=122445

2300AD

If that all were not enough, we will also be bringing 2300AD back. The final revisions to the game have been done, and work is already well underway on the first supplementary books.

Bad News:
    You are not going to see 2300AD until towards the end of the year.

Good News:
    You are getting a box set for the core rules, packed full with books, maps and other goodies! You will also be seeing expansions following on quickly, including the Aerospace Engineer’s Handbook (the 2300AD equivalent of High Guard) and a complete campaign that will serve as the perfect introduction to the setting – if you have been hesitant about 2300AD in the past and wondered what all the fuss is about, this will be your launch point.

Also Colin Dunn (writer) on FB said: "2nd edition core is written, edited, and proofed. The Mongeese have it, and it will be out this year. Along with the Aerospace Engineer’s Handbook, the new Tools for Frontier Living, Bayern, and Invasion. Well, Invasion may be early next year."
    Last edited by alfarobl; May 9th, 2020 at 17:23.

Hello Alfradobl,

I'm in a few groups and know that the author has been in touch with Mongoose as Matt and I talk regularly on things.

There have been no official dates yet, and with the Covid-19 causing delays I'll just wait until I get sent the release files so I can work on it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hello Alfradobl,

I'm in a few groups and know that the author has been in touch with Mongoose as Matt and I talk regularly on things.

There have been no official dates yet, and with the Covid-19 causing delays I'll just wait until I get sent the release files so I can work on it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I am new to Traveller, so could you tell me about 2300AD? How does it compare to Core rules? I have seen you very excited about this new setting and wanted to know if I should check it out whenever it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I am new to Traveller, so could you tell me about 2300AD? How does it compare to Core rules? I have seen you very excited about this new setting and wanted to know if I should check it out whenever it comes out.
    Hi Chap,

This thread is to discuss the extension, nothing more, so I'll be short here. 2300AD extends on the Twilight 2000 universe. The rules are built on top of the Traveller ruleset, so think of it just another 'setting', with new aliens/species/ships/equipment etc. There's plenty of resource on the internet for it and it's well worth looking it up. I used to run it in the late 80's and early-mid 90's for a few groups. If I were allowed I'd bring Mongoose 2300AD to FG as soon as I could.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi Chap,

This thread is to discuss the extension, nothing more, so I'll be short here. 2300AD extends on the Twilight 2000 universe. The rules are built on top of the Traveller ruleset, so think of it just another 'setting', with new aliens/species/ships/equipment etc. There's plenty of resource on the internet for it and it's well worth looking it up. I used to run it in the late 80's and early-mid 90's for a few groups. If I were allowed I'd bring Mongoose 2300AD to FG as soon as I could.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Thank you! Sounds like a great addition for Traveller... will keep an eye on it. Lets hope that you get permission to do it as soon as it gets out!

Hi Chap,

Cheers,
    MBM
    Sorry about this offtopic but if 2300AD background comes from Twilight 2000 universe from GDW it will be interesting to know if Fria Ligan and Mongoose are going to work together on how this plays with the new 2300AD or they will depart?

https://frialigan.se/en/news/#/pressreleases/new-edition-of-classic-rpg-twilight-2000-announced-by-free-league-publishing-2997937

"When I saw this proposal to revisit the Twilight universe, I signed on immediately. As I have seen the work proceed, I have not been disappointed, and I look forward to seeing this project become reality," says Marc Miller of Far Future Enterprises and co-founder of Game Designers' Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Sorry about this offtopic but if 2300AD background comes from Twilight 2000 universe from GDW it will be interesting to know if Fria Ligan and Mongoose are going to work together on how this plays with the new 2300AD or they will depart?

https://frialigan.se/en/news/#/pressreleases/new-edition-of-classic-rpg-twilight-2000-announced-by-free-league-publishing-2997937

"When I saw this proposal to revisit the Twilight universe, I signed on immediately. As I have seen the work proceed, I have not been disappointed, and I look forward to seeing this project become reality," says Marc Miller of Far Future Enterprises and co-founder of Game Designers' Workshop.
    Too early to say, but looking they're not re-writing the history just updating it and Mongoose 2300AD 1st Ed did the same, so I think the universes will continue to exist together.

I've email Free League to see if they'll let me bring it to VTT, it's a dream for me to have Twilight 2000, 2300AD, Traveller and MegaTraveller on FG.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information