Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection issues

Hello all! I'm trying to host a game for my friends, but none of them can connect. We have our ports forwarded, firewalls off, and we've tried both the alias name and outside ip address. No luck. We get the error that we can't connect to host.

Have you gone to a site like PCflank.com and test port 1802 and see what it says. Do this while FG is up and running.

It says it's stealthed, though I don't know what firewall I have...

Make sure you don't have Windows Firewall accidentally turned on.

Do you run Norton suite or anything like that? Sometimes they have firewalls built in.

Are you sure you port forwarded your router to the correct internal IP?

No, Windows Firewall isn't on

I don't run anything like that

Yes, I'm sure

Double check your windows firewall - every update from Microsoft turns it on again. Make sure your router is answering pings and check to see if you can ping your router at its IP.

Check the website control for your router and cycle the setup.

Recognise that the networking has to function before any program can work in this manner, not just FG.

Make sure your computer behind the router has a static private ip#

Then check that the internal IP setup agrees with that subnet and your forwarding.

I hope some of that helps.

Sigurd
    Last edited by Sigurd; March 23rd, 2007 at 04:36.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

So, your router/modem is probably blocking. When it comes up 'Stealthed' SOMETHING is blocking the port.

Can you find your modem/router brand and model?

rv

Everything is fine, I don't have Windows Firewall up, I have a static IP, and the IP addresses are correct.

EDIT: My router is a D-Link DI 614+

Are you connecting wirelessly or with an rj45 cable?

Usually I believe that router has a web page that defaults to 192.168.1.1:80 (or 8080). Have you checked the router status web page from your windows browser?

sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I'm using a cable

Yes I have

Thread Information