STAR TREK 2d20

Dice Tower not working for SWADE

Hello,

As of 3 patches ago, the dice tower stopped working for SWADE. In this last patch:

1- The dice tower settings option will toggle the tower on and off, but only if the GM show dice rolls is option is turned on.
    2- With the GM show dice rolls option on, the gm can roll in the tower, but the dice are visible.
    3- there is no option to hide gm rolls and use the dice tower.

My group and I would really love to see the dice tower full operational again as it is a staple component of sessions and personally my favorite part of using fantasy grounds. It has completely changed the flow and content of our sessions.

Let me respond to your points:

1 - This is standard behavior in all rulesets. The dice tower setting will always toggle the visibility of the tower for player clients. If the GM rolls are hidden; there is no need for the GM to use the tower, so it is not displayed on the GM side.

2 - I can not reproduce this issue. The crossed eye icon on the roll indicates that the roll is hidden from players. Please try connecting a second FGU client as a player client; and verify what the players would actually see.

3 - Again, this is standard behavior in all rulesets. See answer 1.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello and thank you for the response. I might have miscommunicated what I was trying to relay. I've been playing almost weekly for a over a year. Mostly with D&D 5e, but as of the last couple of months using SWADE. We played last night after I posted this and I was able to verify a few things.
    1- I agree the standard operation is the dice tower is only able to be turned on when GM dice rolls are visible. And this is currently working
    2- My players could use the dice tower and they could not see their results. Also working as intended
    3- the players COULD see the GM rolls even if they were rolled in the tower. This is not working as it used to.

So at least part of the problem is fixed, but I would really like it if they could not see my (gm) dice rolls when i use the tower.

Thank you,

Fred

Here are some screen snip its.

D&D 5e. Dice Tower roll:

FG Snip it D&D.JPG

SWADE Dice Tower Roll:

FG Snip it SWADE.JPG

As you can see it is missing the eye with the line through it. I asked my players last night and they could see my roll when I used the tower. These were taken today even after I downloaded the update. Please let me know if i can do anything else to assist.

F

I'm not seeing this in the current version. (see image from 2 rolls each on GM and client) (GM on the left, player on the right)

Next thing to check is to disable ALL extensions; and see if you still see issue.
    And then, next try deleting vault/PEGFGSWBASE.dat, vault/PEGFGSWADE.dat and modules/SavageWorlds.pak; run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

After playing a few more games, we isolated the problem. From the GM perspective, the dice tower works if I am dragging skills and attacks over, but it does not work if I just drag dice from the table top and drop it into the tower. This does work in the D&D platform. Dropping dice from the table top into the tower is nice because it doesnt show the name of whatever I am rolling for.

Thread Information