5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: LFG [Traveller]

Quote Originally Posted by El Brav View Post
    If you are still looking for players, I would like to join your group. I'm really new to Fantasy Grounds and only have a few sessions of Traveller experience if that is ok?
    That isn't a problem... we all happy to help with both FG and with Traveller.

Tuesdays sound best, but can do Thursdays. I am also in the Central USA time zone.

Id love to play... ditto new to FGU but I have been RPGing since 1982...yes I am old! I did buy the package but don't know what the heck I am doing!

Nice... I'm putting a game together for Tuesday's starting at 7:30 Central US time. Sessions are about 3 hours and will an Explorer/Traveller focus game on the edges of the Imperium - lets just those sections less travelled. I have a trip planned to go see my daughter the first couple of weeks in June but other than that, I'm planning for a weekly game.

Full disclosure - last time I actually played traveller other than Play By Post (I have an active traveller PbP game now) was with the OTU in the late 70's, early 80's - but I've been GMing in other systems (DnD) for over 30 years. I love a table focused on fun, respect toward the players, and in traveller - each player willing to do their part! Science and Engineering Nerds go to the front of the line!

Traveller is more more cooperative in play than say DnD as there is a Referee and coach rather than a god behind the screen. That is one of the things I love about the system.

I'll be setting up a Character Creation night as soon as I can get 5 to 6 players committed to a game.

I'm Ultimate GM and have the players materials you'll need.
    Characters will start out as Human... talk to me if you REALLY want to Aslan or Vargr.

FG License:GM has Ultimate
    Game System: Traveller MgT2

Time Zone: Central US
    Day of week and time:Tuesday starting 7:30
    Start date: ~June 9
    Planned Duration & Frequency:3 Hour session, weekly (Three weeks on, 1 week off)
    Term: Long Term
    Voice: Required (English)
    Voice software used: Discord - Link provided after selection
    Recorded: Optionally, depending on group consensus
    Roleplay & Combat mix: This is traveller - there will be blood and death.
    Number of Players: Needed to Start 4, Max 6
    Character starting level & equipment: Determined during Character Creation
    Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - are possible)

Next to DnD, Traveller is one of the great grand-daddies in the RPG pantheon having set its roots in the hearts of Science Fiction fans in 1977. The Traveller Universe is a massive setting and is considered by most to be a harder-Space Opera. Its classic setting is the Third Imperium. Those of you who might not be familiar with the original Traveller Universe (OTU) can think Alien-Dune-Firefly-Dark Matter and the like.

Space is disease and danger, darkness and silence… and its out to get you.

How to Sign Up to Play:
    1. Use this link to the Game Calendar and Request to Join My Game::
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=4909

2. If you were able to get a slot (see above), PM me the Name You Used to Sign Up (Your forum Name / Character Name - Species). I'll reply with some info. about the game and character creation.

Thats it - easy, peasy!

I looking forward to this and can't wait to get started!!

- Savoy
    Last edited by savoylen; May 24th, 2020 at 04:56.

Yes I’m still interested but I’m in a game on Tuesday nights for a few not weeks it may or may not be finished before June 9th but it will be close! I’d really like to join this game!

Quote Originally Posted by darthhomer View Post
    Yes I’m still interested but I’m in a game on Tuesday nights for a few not weeks it may or may not be finished before June 9th but it will be close! I’d really like to join this game!
    No worries here... go ahead and sign up if you think you'll be clear then. Better to save the spot up now - we save you a spot for a bit if you need extra time to free up.

- Savy

I have played Traveller a long time ago (decades) ago but I liked the feel and simplicity of it.I would definitely be interested in being a part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost22 View Post
    I have played Traveller a long time ago (decades) ago but I liked the feel and simplicity of it.I would definitely be interested in being a part of this.
    Awesome... follow the link about and I'll be sending you some more info. soon!

- Savy

I just wanted to say that I'm also interested in joining and shall now apply to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    I just wanted to say that I'm also interested in joining and shall now apply to the game.
    Awesome... nice to meet you!

Thread Information