5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: LFG [Traveller]

LFG [Traveller]

This post has been updated with Game Info.:

We have a game running Tuesday's starting about 7:30 Central US time. Sessions are about 3 hours and is an Explorer/Traveller focused game on the edges of the Imperium - lets just those sections less travelled.

Full disclosure - last time I actually played traveller other than Play By Post (I have an active traveller PbP game now) was with the OTU in the late 70's, early 80's - but I've been GMing in other systems (DnD) for over 30 years. I love a table focused on fun, respect toward the players, and in traveller - each player willing to do their part! Science and Engineering Nerds go to the front of the line!

Traveller is more more cooperative in play than say DnD as there is a Referee and coach rather than a god behind the screen. That is one of the things I love about the system.

I'm Ultimate GM and have the players materials you'll need.
    Characters will start out as Human... talk to me if you REALLY want to Aslan or Vargr.

FG License:GM has Ultimate
    Game System: Traveller MgT2

Time Zone: Central US
    Day of week and time:Tuesday starting 7:30
    Start date: Ongoing
    Planned Duration & Frequency:3 Hour session, weekly (Three weeks on, 1 week off)
    Term: Long Term
    Voice: Required (English)
    Voice software used: Discord - Link provided after selection
    Recorded: Optionally, depending on group consensus
    Roleplay & Combat mix: This is traveller - there will be blood and death.
    Number of Players: Open for 2 players
    Character starting level & equipment: Determined during Character Creation
    Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - are possible)

Next to DnD, Traveller is one of the great grand-daddies in the RPG pantheon having set its roots in the hearts of Science Fiction fans in 1977. The Traveller Universe is a massive setting and is considered by most to be a harder-Space Opera. Its classic setting is the Third Imperium. Those of you who might not be familiar with the original Traveller Universe (OTU) can think Alien-Dune-Firefly-Dark Matter and the like.

Space is disease and danger, darkness and silence… and its out to get you.

How to Sign Up to Play:
    1. Contact me directly if there is an open seat and Request to Join My Game::
    Be sure to tell me your discord name (Your forum Name / Character Name - Species). I'll reply with some info. about the game and character creation.

That's it - easy, peasy!

I looking forward to this and can't wait to get started!!

- Savoy
    Last edited by savoylen; December 17th, 2020 at 02:41.

I'd love to play. I have the books but failed to get a local group to play

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobolen View Post
    I'd love to play. I have the books but failed to get a local group to play
    Cool man... lets beat the bushes a bit and find a few other players. I'm a fan of 4 good players or 5-6 so so ones
    And, a sense of humor of course!

I'm running with the Mongoose 2nd ed (Me2) at the moment but the last time I actually played this thing, it was the only version.

What kind of focus do you favor?

1. Trader Game
    2. Military Game
    3. Explorer Game
    4. Traveller Game (A mix of all three of the above)

I prefer a mix, (ie firefly like)

I'd be interested. I haven't played since the mid-80s. When are you planning on playing?

I'd be interested as well. I've been picking up the original books and adventures for years. Unfortunately I run FG-Unity, but Traveller doesn't seem to transfer out of FGC. Any details would be appreciated.

It appears FGU works with Traveller

The current MGT2 ruleset should be working in FGU. if you encounter an error you can post it in the FGU playtest forum and they generally fix things pretty quick.

If you are still looking for players, I would like to join your group. I'm really new to Fantasy Grounds and only have a few sessions of Traveller experience if that is ok?

I’d love to toss my hat in, I haven’t played traveller since the mid 80’s as well but have fond memories! Well versed in FG been using for many years!

Thread Information