DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    @Laila Can you show me a screenshot of the cosmetic bug please? Also a picture of the out of bounds for the Education characteristic, as both the NPC and Character sheets both show the Education characteristic just fine on my end.

Edit

Here's a picture of what I see.

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 20th, 2020 at 19:32.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

BRPCoreRPG_cosmeticBug.PNG
    The selected characteristic here is STR.

I have a resolution of 1920x1080 (fullscreen). It doesn't seem to always happen, but often. And I've also noticed that the box isn't always the same size. I once had a box that was only as big as the field itself, but with an offset to the field.

Could you also have a look at the "Armor" tab? It doesn't show for me and was mentioned before.

Did you enable the Hit Location Option? It should show after you have turned it on and reloaded the ruleset or created a new one. That might be an issue related to Unity and not the ruleset. I know that other rulesets are having the same issue in a similar manner. Let me see what that side has found and see what might be causing that.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hi @superteddy57,

Yes, I checked with the rules. Race? label is incongruant with the functionality as it really is an edit. In the rules the left hand larger box is for entering either a fixed number or a dice value (e.g. 2D6). The right smaller box is for either the fixed number in the bigger box (straight copy accross) or for the average of the dice (e.g. 2D6 is an average of 7). So the smaller right hand box is the calculated value that is used in play). However, you are right, it works, so fine by me for no change.

With regard to the hit locations, I had update the ruleset and recreated the test campaign, and had forgot to set the prefs!! All tested properly this time and all good.

Joe

[edit] ignore the attachment if you saw it before I removed it.

@Laila,

Are you using FGU? That looks like an FGU issue as in Classic, the NPC form is good.
    Last edited by joeblack1863; May 20th, 2020 at 20:44.

You're right about the Armor! I thought I activated it, but must have been in the other campaign I created for testing. Sorry for that.

It seems like I generally have some UI issues ^^'
    BRPCoreRPG_cosmeticBug.PNG

Yes, I'm using FGU. Didn't test it in FGC.

[edit] @joeblack1863 Is right, the UI issues only occur in FGU, just checked it in FGC.
    Last edited by Laila; May 20th, 2020 at 20:56.

Ok, that makes more sense. I am going to see what the difference is between the two versions. I know FGU is a bit more strict when it comes to code and might need adjustment for FGU. I do apologize for not checking with FGU as much through this process. It is easier to develop in FGC currently.

@joeblack1863 So for NPCs, would it be better to have the rolls / avg. up all the time then?
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 20th, 2020 at 20:58.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

@superteddy57,

Personally, I think it looks better up all of the time. The Race? label is confusing so I won't be sad to see the back of it.

I checked the old ruleset and ther appears to be no automation on the fileds, so it doesn't calculate the avg. for you. I checked dropping it on the combat tracker and it doesn't roll the dice to create the stats for the creature. They are just fields to enter data and make the calculations or die rolls manually. You use the average when you don't want to have to roll all those die.

With regard to FGC/FGU, how should we proceed. I am testing in FGC at the moment, but if you just want to move the whole thing to FGU, I have that as well.

Joe

I would keep reporting, but understand that there may be differences till I am able to sort what is ruleset and what is caused by FGU. I actually like that both versions are being seen and considered. Just might mean double the work
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

@superteddy57,

Will do, I'll continue with Classic.

Just loaded your latest release and can confirm that entering skills in the skills field on the notes tab for NPCs no longer errors.

ISSUE
    Checked that Hit Location was ON. Hit locations now not showing on Combat TAB. Tried turning off Hit Location, still not showing. Turned back on - not showing, Restart - not showing.
    NOTE: Checked other pref options (Power Points, Fatigue). Both work as expected.

Joe

Okay, then I'll continue with the FGU

BUG (?)
    I think the languages don't work correctly.
    I've defined some in the Prefs and added them to the respective characters (written the same way), but when I write in a certain language within the chat window, no characters are displayed under "understood by", even though there shoulb be some.

Thread Information