DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

BRP Upgraded to CoreRPG v3.0

Moving to Live - 6/30/2020
    We will be moving from Test to Live on the next Tuesday release. Please start making your data ready for migration to this new system by then. The old Live version will not be available after this date.

If you have any questions, please field them here and I will answer the best I can.

Installing
    To use this new ruleset, you will need to change over to the Test version of FGC/FGU.

FGC
    You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard and clicking the radio button for test under updates.

FGU
    You can change over to the Test version, by choosing settings in the dashboard. You will then need to click on the advanced tab and change Live to Test.

Overview
    Basic Roleplaying has been in need of an upgrade to it's code to start taking advantage of the great new features of CoreRPG. This will open it to allow to use CoreRPG based extensions and future updates to Core itself.

Features
    • Based on CoreRPG.
    • Same functionality as with earlier version.

Feedback
    Please let us know what you think of the changes. We're planning to keep this on the Test server for some time to give players a chance to try it out and see if we can find bugs that may have been missed. We plan to keep functional changes fairly minor, if possible, so we can focus on getting this to Live with a working and smooth running ruleset.

Updates
    • 5/12/20 - [Fixed] Minor bugs and added reflists for each of the previous version's types. Added sidebar buttons for skills, professions, powers, and items. Also updated all other modules as well to use this functionality.
    • 5/19/20 - [Fixed] Sort on CT. Added Action Managers for common roll types. Setup drag n drop damage and attack rolls.
    • 5/19/20 - [Fixed] NPC sheet. Made it lockable and changed some formatting of the frames.
    • 5/20/20 - [Fixed] NPC Hit Location properly hiding when option is not enabled. Notes tab producing error related to entering skill. Skill specification on character sheet and skill bonus being factored from characteristics.
    • 6/15/20 - [Fixed] Added difficulty modifiers to Modifier Box. Included roll functionality to work with added levels of difficulty. Also, fixed double click of name to roll attack and powers.

Known Issue Currently
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 23rd, 2020 at 22:04.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Hi,

I've done some tests by using existing Basic Roleplaying modules.

I cannot drag and drop Weapons from the Game System module to the main tab. An example of an error code is:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_weapons : reference.BRPlists.list-008@BRP Game System X)
    The error occurs when I try to open a list of items.

I can drag and drop spells from "Basic Magic".

If I try and drag a creature from "Basic Creatures" I get:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_creatures : reference.BCreatureslists.list-002@Basic Creatures)
    So it seems the code that handles lists is not loaded or needs to be updated.

I have not tried the Combat Tracker (yet).

I note that the campaign preferences are missing. That's where you set whether to use hit locations, EDU, call power points magic points, to use sanity rules etc.

Also there is no armour tab in the character sheet.

So far the ruleset has basic functionality but there is a bit of work to do...

On the plus side: A big bonus is that the code is readable (If you know how), which is almost a necessity when you are dealing with BRP as its a very modular game system and a GM will want to modify which skills are used, base chances and such.

/Peter

Hi again,

I modified base.xml and added 5E to "importinfo" so that I could load 5E modules. I was thinking that since 5E is derived from CoreRPG maybe I could open equipment lists and such. But no, those lists are defined in 5E. Which makes sense as I think of it, anyhow this is the error message I got:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_weapontable : reference.equipmentlists.weapontable@DD5E SRD Data)
    /Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hi,

I've done some tests by using existing Basic Roleplaying modules.

I cannot drag and drop Weapons from the Game System module to the main tab. An example of an error code is:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_weapons : reference.BRPlists.list-008@BRP Game System X)
    The error occurs when I try to open a list of items.

I can drag and drop spells from "Basic Magic".

If I try and drag a creature from "Basic Creatures" I get:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_creatures : reference.BCreatureslists.list-002@Basic Creatures)
    So it seems the code that handles lists is not loaded or needs to be updated.

I have not tried the Combat Tracker (yet).

I note that the campaign preferences are missing. That's where you set whether to use hit locations, EDU, call power points magic points, to use sanity rules etc.

Also there is no armour tab in the character sheet.

So far the ruleset has basic functionality but there is a bit of work to do...

On the plus side: A big bonus is that the code is readable (If you know how), which is almost a necessity when you are dealing with BRP as its a very modular game system and a GM will want to modify which skills are used, base chances and such.

/Peter
    Thank you for the report. I can check on the weapons and creatures reference lists and see why they are producing errors when dropped.

Capture.PNG
    As for the campaign Preferences, they should be located in the same Prefs buttons, but also the rest of options as well. The options you were referring too are located in House Rules. The Armor tab will appear once you have selected to Use Armor Location as was the same process with the earlier ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hi again,

I modified base.xml and added 5E to "importinfo" so that I could load 5E modules. I was thinking that since 5E is derived from CoreRPG maybe I could open equipment lists and such. But no, those lists are defined in 5E. Which makes sense as I think of it, anyhow this is the error message I got:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_weapontable : reference.equipmentlists.weapontable@DD5E SRD Data)
    /Peter
    I'm not sure what this would accomplish as the BRP's modules were set up to do only BRP FG2 code. Not all CoreRPG rulesets are the same and modifications are made from ruleset to ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I'm not sure what this would accomplish as the BRP's modules were set up to do only BRP FG2 code. Not all CoreRPG rulesets are the same and modifications are made from ruleset to ruleset.
    No you are right, I wouldn't have accomplished anything. I was just trying to see if the ruleset recognized the listclasses of 5E, which it of course did not.

/Peter

Thank you for the report. I can check on the weapons and creatures reference lists and see why they are producing errors when dropped.
    I can't find any definitions of the listclasses referenced. The internal structure of the new version of the ruleset is quite different, so it seems they are missing.

As for the campaign Preferences, they should be located in the same Prefs buttons, but also the rest of options as well. The options you were referring too are located in House Rules. The Armor tab will appear once you have selected to Use Armor Location as was the same process with the earlier ruleset.
    OK. Thanks for that piece of information. I didn't notice that. I'll test it.

/Peter

I'm working on them now. I should have an update out here soon as I did a quick update to how it's done within the ruleset. The library data will be there, but wanted to be sure it was easy to find without opening up the library each time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How similar or different is this to Call of Cthulhu 7E? Will things built within that ruleset function similarly?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

It will work similar to the previous live version with changes on the backend. The goal here is to get it to 3.0 and layered on CoreRPG. This will then make it able to receive updates and features. This will also make it take advantage of the FGU features as well. This won't be associated with CoC or CoC7E in terms how that is built. I used the code that was there from the Live version and updated it. I will be adding one addition in linking equipment, powers, skills, and professions to the sidebar so you won't have to open the library each time. I am almost finished a large update to the ruleset and all the modules will work with these new features and ensure the data is linked correctly with the new CoreRPG layer.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information