5E Character Create Playlist
Page 39 of 48 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    Hello, I noticed a possible glitch affecting effect timing. Using either the Quick Mode or Full Process, when you advance a number of minutes, all effects get removed and show "expired".
    Updated FGU and disabled all extensions other than Clock Adjuster.

Created a Test effect with 3000 rounds duration. Advance the clock by 3 minutes and the effect is expired.
    If the effect has '0' duration, it is left alone.

Clock Adj 1.png
    Clock Adj 2.png

Is there a different setting I should be using?

Thanks for your support!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Hello, I noticed a possible glitch affecting effect timing. Using either the Quick Mode or Full Process, when you advance a number of minutes, all effects get removed and show "expired".
    Updated FGU and disabled all extensions other than Clock Adjuster.

Created a Test effect with 3000 rounds duration. Advance the clock by 3 minutes and the effect is expired.
    If the effect has '0' duration, it is left alone.

Clock Adj 1.png
    Clock Adj 2.png

Is there a different setting I should be using?

Thanks for your support!

Rob
    Check your options to set your round duration. It’s probably set to 1. Added the ability to adjust the length of some time factors recently in options. Time advances rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Check your options to set your round duration. It’s probably set to 1. Added the ability to adjust the length of some time factors recently in options. Time advances rounds.
    Why not make the default 6? That seems to be the standard (as much as there is one). I like that the setting has been added though, should be quite helpful for using that feature with other systems.

It’s probably set to 1.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply!

In my screen shot, you will see I have "Round length in seconds" set to 6. It was set to 1, but after setting it to 6, it didn't make a difference. Besides, even set at '1', 3 minutes would only advance 180 seconds. The 3000 round duration would remain with time left. Anything else I can check? This only started a month or two ago.

I just tested it as well and there is definitely an issue.
    An effect with a duration of 500 disappeared after 1 minute, with rounds/min set to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Why not make the default 6? That seems to be the standard (as much as there is one). I like that the setting has been added though, should be quite helpful for using that feature with other systems.
    I had a default in there for the d&d and pathfinder versions to be 6 and Alien to be 5, but had used numbers instead of strings. I'll update that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just tested it as well and there is definitely an issue.
    An effect with a duration of 500 disappeared after 1 minute, with rounds/min set to 6.
    I'm not having that issue currently in my campaigns, so I'll push an update here and see if it's not something i forgot to update.

I'll push an update here and see if it's not something i forgot to update.
    Hello. Any luck finding the issue? Thank you!

Would it be possible to have the way the tables for encounters and weather are done be changed?
    My suggestion would be to use the race field in the 3e is done.
    Give an area where you can drag and drop the table you want to use. This would be better than having to have specific names for everything.
    If you buy something that has tables, and there are multiple tables you would have to keep changing the names to get it to work with this. It would be easier to just drag and drop the table you want.
    Since there are multiple options you could add a spot for each of those options.

I had a default in there for the d&d and pathfinder versions to be 6 and Alien to be 5, but had used numbers instead of strings. I'll update that.

I'm not having that issue currently in my campaigns, so I'll push an update here and see if it's not something i forgot to update.
    Greetings. I just noticed that in my game, when I use the clock adjuster to pass time by minutes, the clock adjustor accurately reduces the duration from effects that are active on creatures in the combat tracker, like it should.
    However, when I adjust time forward by hours ... the clock adjustor reduces the duration from effects that are active on creatures in the combat tracker by 10 minutes.

For example:

Armor of Agathys has a duration of 1 hour, or 60 minutes.
    When the effect is applied to the creature on the combat tracker it loads in with a duration of 600 rounds, which is correct.
    When I advance time forward on the clock adjustor by 1 minute, the duration drops to 590, which is correct since I have the time internal per round setting on the default of 6 seconds.
    However, when I advance time forward on the clock adjustor by 1 hour, the duration drops to 490 ... which is only 10 minutes of time.

Maybe there's a missing zero in the code somewhere? Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Greetings. I just noticed that in my game, when I use the clock adjuster to pass time by minutes, the clock adjustor accurately reduces the duration from effects that are active on creatures in the combat tracker, like it should.
    However, when I adjust time forward by hours ... the clock adjustor reduces the duration from effects that are active on creatures in the combat tracker by 10 minutes.

For example:

Armor of Agathys has a duration of 1 hour, or 60 minutes.
    When the effect is applied to the creature on the combat tracker it loads in with a duration of 600 rounds, which is correct.
    When I advance time forward on the clock adjustor by 1 minute, the duration drops to 590, which is correct since I have the time internal per round setting on the default of 6 seconds.
    However, when I advance time forward on the clock adjustor by 1 hour, the duration drops to 490 ... which is only 10 minutes of time.

Maybe there's a missing zero in the code somewhere? Just FYI.
    If you scroll up on this page a couple of posts you will see this issue being discussed. Thanks for bringing it back up, since it seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Thread Information