DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 48 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    OK so today I tried to advance time 24 hours without realizing I had the "full process" option enabled.
    It took over 30minutes to simulate all those rounds xD

What seems like a reasonable maximum to put on that feature?
    I just tried simulating 4800 rounds and it still took a lot longer than I would want to have occur in-game.
    Perhaps 600?
    Was this with my attempt to optimize this, or just pure extension? If so can you provide me with details of conditions?
    If that was PF only extension I would suggest something in line of let's say ~25 minutes(1500 rounds) - to account for minute/level duration with buffed CL. Or could dig through some excels with spells and monster effects.

Other idea - how about saving start time with os.time(), and checking after 20-50-more rounds how much time has passed. You could display then ETA based on remaining rounds, and ask users if he wants to continue. Obviously ETA's are not really accurate, however in typical session I don't expected for PC to be drastically changing load(except when windows wants to update). In this way user could have a slow simulation if really wants it, but wont get stuck forever by accident.
    EDIT: I am not sure FG would allow for such a popup though. Might be just useless idea.
    Last edited by Corun; April 5th, 2021 at 22:34.

update:
    * No more short rest field for PFRPG since it has only a long rest.
    * Long/short rest fields should now remember their contents between sessions.
    * Current time can no longer be changed with the mousewheel
    * If you have the options menu toggle set to Full Process it should now switch to Quick Mode automatically when not needed (when there are no ongoing effects). This is the work of Corun.
    * Also contains a fix for a regression in DCrumb's rounds advancement fix to allow rounds to go past 9.
    Thank you for the update! One connected request: the other blank input fields (hour, min, day, month, year) can they be made to remember all of the entries like you did for long/short rest? Maybe a option setting if that is not something others would like?

Thank you for all the effort! This is great.

The weather check isn't working for me with JimSocks' Content Generator mod any longer. I don't think I changed anything, but could be user error on my part. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Corun View Post
    Was this with my attempt to optimize this, or just pure extension? If so can you provide me with details of conditions?
    Yes, but I had a creature with FHEAL and DMGO in the combat tracker to force full processing (since I was testing some new code I'm adding to my Malady Tracker extension).

Hey, bit of a strange question: would you be willing to consider a gentler license, such as MIT or BSD? I was considering adding a new feature to one of my extensions when Clock Adjuster is present, and the GPL prevents me from doing so unless I make my extension GPL as well.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Hey, bit of a strange question: would you be willing to consider a gentler license, such as MIT or BSD? I was considering adding a new feature to one of my extensions when Clock Adjuster is present, and the GPL prevents me from doing so unless I make my extension GPL as well.
    The license situation of ClockAdjuster is pretty weird actually. When I was working on Time Manager I wrote up a license saying that my work was licensed under GPL, but the original extension had no license stated. Since then I have removed the GPL license from my contributions, but it seems that pr6i6e6st has adopted GPL since the GPL license statement is in the last official release in the first post.

I think you'll have to wait for pr6i6e6st, but at least from me it should not be an issue (you can see the current license text in the last file I posted).

The license situation of ClockAdjuster is pretty weird actually. When I was working on Time Manager I wrote up a license saying that my work was licensed under GPL, but the original extension had no license stated. Since then I have removed the GPL license from my contributions, but it seems that pr6i6e6st has adopted GPL since the GPL license statement is in the last official release in the first post.

I think you'll have to wait for pr6i6e6st, but at least from me it should not be an issue (you can see the current license text in the last file I posted).
    Awesome, that helps a bunch, thanks. I can at least get started in anticipation.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Awesome, that helps a bunch, thanks. I can at least get started in anticipation.
    If you want to see a model for how you can integrate with ClockAdjuster, look at my Malady Tracker extension (which is what got me involved with ClockAdjuster).

Specifically this bit, although the integration is being rewritten now to be aware of initiative count..
    Last edited by bmos; April 12th, 2021 at 22:46.

I just tried to use the long and short rest functions and I found they print out to chat and move the clock. They even advance timed items in the CT but now the long/short is not renewing the abilities/spell slots and hit dice on the characters. Is that expected behavior?

So I set the long rest to 8 hrs. When I dbl click the field it sends Long rest to chat and moves the clock but no effect on the character sheet.

I am using v2.4 in 5e.

Thanks!

Update:
    * should fix long rests
    * advancing time will change rounds counter to single digits
    * full process of rounds only used if 8 hours or less are being advanced
    * advance after 10 rounds instead of 9 (round 0 is surprise round)
    * include rounds as 10ths of minute in date tracking

EDIT: removed as I have posted a new version that has a bug fix. There were 7 downloads here.
    Last edited by bmos; April 12th, 2021 at 11:50.

Thread Information