Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 27 of 28 First ... 1725262728 Last
  1. #261
    There is an extension on DMsGuild called Mad Nomad's Consumable Items. Would be cool if this extension could use Consumable Items to consume a ration on a short rest and/or on extended rest.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    There is an extension on DMsGuild called Mad Nomad's Consumable Items. Would be cool if this extension could use Consumable Items to consume a ration on a short rest and/or on extended rest.
    I would only want that as an OPTION. If you're on a quest, you may want to ... er ... ration your rations. In which case, you might choose to not eat rations, say, every other day.

  3. #263
    It is important to select a proper ratio when rationing rations to rationally ensure ones maximum rate of survival.
    My creations: https://github.com/MeAndUnique/FantasyGrounds
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

  4. #264
    On the "Weather Wind", "Weather Temperature", and "Weather Precipitation" tables I had to delete the - and a space between the words on the DMG tables to get this to function properly.
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

    ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

  5. #265
    Hey there, I'm loving this extension but I've noticed one thing that I'm hoping could be modified so that it runs even smoother.

    In the combat tracker when you give a spell, ability, or item that is currently in use a duration, it's amazing that the clock adjuster will modify this duration automatically! This has allowed me to just set long duration spells like mage armor on characters in the combat tracker and then forget about how much time they may or may not have left on the spell. The game will remember and it'll expire the effect when the clock is adjusted past the spell's duration point. I love it! I also love how having combat that runs for over 10 rounds will automatically adjust the clock by 1 minute so that the combat tracker and the clock adjuster are talking to one another and both keep track of time's passage and any associated durations.

    However, I noticed what appears to be an oversight.

    When you're in a combat encounter, and you are using the combat tracker to pass time at the turn/round scale ... you can deactivate an effect a character has on the tracker, and when a new round pops up the game will not decrease their duration so long as that effect is deactivated. I use this for things like torches (which have a 1 hour burn duration) because my players often put them out in an area that already has light, only to light them back up again at the next dark passage. So I make frequent use of this deactivate/activate effects feature in the combat tracker.

    The problem I'm experiencing is that when I push time forward via the clock adjuster ... it will decrease the duration on all effects, even the ones that are deactivated. Which makes it troublesome to keep track of the remaining duration left on consumables like torches and what not.

    Is there a way that the extension could be tweaked so that it checks to see whether and effect is currently active or deactivated in the combat tracker, only decreasing its duration if the effect is currently active? I think that would be a great addition to an extension I am otherwise in love with. Thanks.
    Last edited by jfg1984; June 25th, 2021 at 16:02.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Is there a way that the extension could be tweaked so that it checks to see whether and effect is currently active or deactivated in the combat tracker, only decreasing its duration if the effect is currently active?
    Perhaps effects set to skip could continue to reduce duration but those set to off would not?
    I think there still needs to be the option to skip the effect bonuses/penalties but still have it count down.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Perhaps effects set to skip could continue to reduce duration but those set to off would not?
    I think there still needs to be the option to skip the effect bonuses/penalties but still have it count down.
    That's how the base FGU code appears to treat the off and skip settings when you're passing time via turns and rounds during a combat encounter, so yeah it would be cool if the clock adjuster copied that formula and also reduced duration if set to skip, but did not if set to off.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    That's how the base FGU code appears to treat the off and skip settings when you're passing time via turns and rounds during a combat encounter, so yeah it would be cool if the clock adjuster copied that formula and also reduced duration if set to skip, but did not if set to off.
    Perfect. I like following how the base code works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Perfect. I like following how the base code works.
    I see the original version is not being updated on the main page as other versions are being attached in line. Is this still being maintained by the author or should I be loading the one posted in the quoted thread?

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I see the original version is not being updated on the main page as other versions are being attached in line. Is this still being maintained by the author or should I be loading the one posted in the quoted thread?
    It's your call. Author rarely updates the 'official' extension, so I've been providing updates for people which the author might eventually incorporate into next update.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. CarolineTheGnome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Log in

Log in