DMsGuild
Page 15 of 24 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Just looked at your screenshot, sorry. What happened that it appeared to start working properly after adjusting? I see it do it a bunch of times then appears to function as intended at the end.
    Nothing. I turned it off to show that time was moving and no reminder was on then I turned it back on to show it is still broke.
    Note, it is a 5 min reminder but the clock only moved 1 min and we still got the reminder. At this point, no matter what I set the reminder to it goes off any time the clock changes.

  2. #142
    Here is a test with two reminders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Here is a test with two reminders.
    Very odd, I tested that last night and it appeared to be working. Maybe there’s a step we’re missing that I should try and rectify. Sorry about that, I’ll try to look at it after work tonight.

  4. #144
    Hello,

    I have a slight issue - where are these tables? "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace".


    They are not part of JimSocks mod and I searched the tables in DMGuide etc., cant see anything named like that. I am using the 5e version. Thanks.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrevino View Post
    Hello,

    I have a slight issue - where are these tables? "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace".


    They are not part of JimSocks mod and I searched the tables in DMGuide etc., cant see anything named like that. I am using the 5e version. Thanks.
    Gotta make them. Alternatively, if you have my Random Encounter Generator extension, they aren’t needed/used.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Gotta make them. Alternatively, if you have my Random Encounter Generator extension, they aren’t needed/used.
    Hi,
    I have the Random Encouter Generator, but still cant get encounters. Maybe Im doing somehing wrong?.. (most likley!) what should I use on the chances boxes?
    Last edited by rtrevino; February 20th, 2021 at 16:42.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrevino View Post
    Hi,
    I hve the Random Encouter Generator, but still cant get encounters. Maybe Im doing somehing wrong?.. (most likley!) what should I use on the chances boxes?
    First chance box if you hover your mouse over, is the chance for Encounter. 100 is always, 0 is never.

    The second box is the chance that the encounter is a battle. Again, 100 for always, 0 for never. If it’s a battle, it uses the REGenerator. If it’s not a battle, it rolls a table named “Non Combat Encounter” if not using any biomes, or “Non Combat biomename Encounter” if you are using a biome that matches the table’s biomename. See the change log for an example.

    I’ll include it here too1533EA8D-3708-4F93-9F88-5D81C6192CC9.png

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    First chance box if you hover your mouse over, is the chance for Encounter. 100 is always, 0 is never.

    The second box is the chance that the encounter is a battle. Again, 100 for always, 0 for never. If it’s a battle, it uses the REGenerator. If it’s not a battle, it rolls a table named “Non Combat Encounter” if not using any biomes, or “Non Combat biomename Encounter” if you are using a biome that matches the table’s biomename. See the change log for an example.
    That was it! thank you very much!

  9. #149

    Random Encounter Generator Compatibility

    If you have my Random Encounter Generator 5E extension, some features change.

    The travel manager section will gain two new fields.
    Encounter chance - set anywhere from 0-100. If 0, an encounter never happens. If 100, an encounter always happens.

    Battle Chance - set anywhere from 0-100. If an encounter happens, if battle chance is set to 0, a battle never happens, and a table named “Non Combat Encounter” is rolled if it exists. That’s if the Random Encounter Generator has no biome names in its biome filter. Alternatively, if there is a biome name in the biome filter, if it exists, it’ll roll a table named “Non Combat biomename Encounter” instead. If Battle chance is set to 100, a battle will always occur when there’s an encounter, and will use the current settings of the Random Encounter Generator to attempt to build an encounter. (Note that if the generator fails to roll up an encounter, you may end up with a blank encounter. I recommend setting some filters to limit the NPCs being put in the hat. Most preferably restricting the CR to about the party’s level.)

    79A61860-373A-4476-B3D1-F7746AE24131.png

    This function replaces the table roll for the slow, normal and fast travel pace encounter chance tables.

  10. #150
    One more detail. I was testing a different ext and forgot yours was also still loaded. When I tried it again, I am getting this error (see screen shot). Obviously, a conflict with the Kit'N;Kaboodle ext.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Character Create Playlist

Log in

Log in