5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... Last

[Utility] Clock Adjuster

!!!Before you use: select a calendar and date, set your hour AND minutes field to something other than the default at least once so the numbers “exist”.

Get it Here!

Don’t want the bloated extra features? Are you a developer and want to just work off the basic adjuster? Here’s a simplified version to build off of!

Please, if you find bugs or errors, you can reach me easier on discord here https://discord.gg/grQpVeu9bH

Or pr6i6e6st#6396

I've added script to allow other extensions to make use of the time as I have with reminders and events:
    local aCurrentDate = TimeManager.getCurrentRawDate() -- gets a table of the current time
    local aBuildDate = TimeManager.buildRawDate(nMinute, nHour, nDay, nMonth, nYear) -- gets a table of the time given
    local nMinutes = TimeManager.getRawDateDifferences(aCurrentDate, aLastDate) -- gets the difference in minutes
    TimeManager.setLastDate(Node, aCurrentDate) -- for repeating events like reminders
    local aLastDate = TimeManager.getLastDate(Node, aCurrentDate) -- for repeating events like reminders
    TimeManager.addTimeChangeFunction(f) -- add a function to be triggered on TimeChange events

and if you have an extension that could benefit from these functions, you can add
    if TimeManager then
    TimeManager.addTimeChangeFunction(MyNewFunction);
    end

then if you change time with your extension, you just call TimeManager.TimeChanged() right AFTER, never before the adjust function.

hopefully you all find this works out.

oh, and I capped the table rolls by reminders to 60, so you don't kill your computer when you jump a year.

This extension adds a panel to your desktop, containing a clock, adjusters for the time, an events manager, and a travel manager. Tools to make keeping track of time easier! Pair it with Damned’s Player Agency extension!

Attachment 35667

-!-!-!-!- IMPORTANT: Your in-game calendar must be set up for this extension to function properly. -!-!-!-!-!-

Current Hours/Minutes/Day/Month/Year - displays the current date

Add Hours - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours.
    Add Minutes - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of minutes.
    Add Days - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of days.
    Add Label - When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours and minutes and daysspecified in the fields in the corresponding row.

Set Hours - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the hour to the one specified in the field.
    Set Minutes - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the minutesto the one specified in the field.
    Set Days - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the days to the one specified in the field.
    Set Label - When double-clicked, it will set the date to what is specified in the fields in the corresponding row.

Advance to 6AM - advances time to the next 6am with a single click.
    Advance to 12AM - advances time to the next 12am with a single click.
    Advance to 6PM - advances time to the next 6pm with a single click.
    Advance to 12PM - advances time to the next 12PM with a single click.
    The panel can be moved by right-clicking and unlocking it's position with a single click.

Events List: - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "events". set a date for an event and when that time has been reached or passed, a message will be sent to the chat. Right-click to delete window or events. Events can be shared; chat messages can be hidden. if an event has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Travel Manager: - opens a window that allows you to set a distance, speed, and number of days/hours to travel. Will automatically advance time while tracking distance covered and sending a chat message with details. This message can be set to Visible Only to GM, or Visible to All.

Reminders - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "reminders". Set the duration for the reminder to repeat, activate it, set it to GM Visible Only or Visible to All. If a reminder has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Weather Checking: - A Checkmark on the panel will enable "Weather Checking". While enabled, when double-clicking the "addhour", "addday", "addmonth", addyear", "longrest", "shortrest"(5e only), "adv6AM", "adv12PM", "adv6PM", "adv12AM" buttons, it will also attempt to roll on the tables "Weather Wind", "Weather Temperature", and "Weather Precipitation". You will need to create these tables (NOTE: if you have the 5e: DMG, these exist already as "Weather - Wind", "Weather - Temperature", and "Weather - Precipitation" and must be renamed, removing the “-“ from the name.)

New Busy State: Players now have a window, when they load up, above their chat. They can double-click it to add an entry (one per active character) and name the action, determine the amount of time it will take, and if everyone or just the GM can see the notification upon completion. They can also right click the window to lock/unlock or minimize the window. They may double-click the name or actor name of the entry to delete it if need be.

Clock Adjuster 5E: has options to travel at a slow, normal, and fast pace and can roll on tables "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace". The weather also now checks for "Weather Today" now, instead of the three tables for weather types. This table is included in JimSocks' Content Generator mod, and is a great asset to include.

Random Encounter Generator Compatibility
    When Setting Up For The First Time
    -make sure to set up your in game calendar

Changelog

New! Automation added for the Alien RPG ruleset below:

effects can be added to a PC on the combat tracker to use time based automation:

HUMAN -- allows for scripts to identify this entity as a human, so they can roll the critical injuries table, add them to their character sheet and effects, roll stamina at Time Limit durations for critical injuries, heal critical injuries, gain stress on damage taken. some critical injuries results will add the point of stress automatically to the inflicted character.
    SYNTH -- allows for scripts to identify this entity as a synthetic, so they can roll the critical injuries on synthetics table and add the injuries to their character sheet.
    NEEDSFOOD -- will automatically roll consumable or stamina rolls when time advances, changes conditions, reduces health on failed stamina rolls, rolls death rolls instead when health is 0.
    NEEDSWATER -- will automatically roll consumable or deplete health when stamina rolls when time advances. changes conditions. Rolls Death rolls when health is 0 instead.
    NEEDSAIR -- will automatically roll consumable or stamina rolls when time advances. changes conditions. Rolls stamina and will reduce health automatically. Will also automatically apply SUFFOCATING effect when air supply is 0 (see below)
    SUFFOCATING -- applied automatically when NEEDSAIR is applied, and air supply is 0. Can be applied independently to use the same effect. While SUFFOCATING is applied and health is 0, death rolls will be made at the beginning of each turn automatically. Failing a stamina roll while suffocating will automatically reduce health to 0.
    FREEZING: TURN/FREEZING: SHIFT/FREEZING: DAY -- will automatically roll stamina rolls when time advances and reduce health. Will roll death rolls automatically when health is 0.
    GETSTIRED -- will automatically roll stamina rolls for when time advances, will add SLEEPING effect when character cannot possibly stay awake or when they fail their stamina roll.
    SLEEPING -- will ignore the GETSTIRED function and reset its timer
    CANHEAL -- allows healing over time
    FEELSSAFE -- allows stress reduction over time

Clicking the freezing condition will automatically apply the FREEZING: DAY effect to the character.

an Option in the Options menu will allow you to determine if a turn is 5 or 10 minutes. Shifts are default 6 hours. please come to me if you have any issues.

Known Issues
    -Error message occurs when chat messages are added to the calendar logs or notes and GM has not adjusted minutes and/or hours, and/or hasn't set a date in the calendar yet.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; February 21st, 2024 at 23:51.

Fantastico! When I tried to load it in PF2RPG there is no name in the list of extensions, though. You can click on the enable checkbox, but when I load the campaign I do not see a clock on the desktop.

Edit: Turns out that a parser error window opens in the background:

"Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Clock Adjuster - Error on line 0: Error document empty."

I found the error: There was a single "-" at the beginning of the extension.xml file.

The formatting seems a bit off, but it's usable. Thanks again, this will be very useful for our campaign!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; May 7th, 2020 at 20:59.

Very nice! In Roll20 I had written my own time/calendar 'extension' since that VTT doesn't have a built-in calendar. It had this functionality and made my life as DM easier.

One thing I would suggest: A goodMorning function/button. This would automatically advance time to 6am, whether the current time is 1:13pm and 16 hours and 47 minutes, or it's 1:13 am, so only 4 hours 47 minutes from then.

Sure, the DM do the math to get there. But it's nice to have one button to do it for you after the PCs decide to call it a day and you want to advance to the next morning, whatever amount of time it is.

Also, can we use command-line function calls? Or only the UI? It would be nice to be able to advance time an hour after a short rest by just clicking a hotbar button.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I found the error: There was a single "-" at the beginning of the extension.xml file.

The formatting seems a bit off, but it's usable. Thanks again, this will be very useful for our campaign!
    thank you for that! i went ahead and pulled that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Very nice! In Roll20 I had written my own time/calendar 'extension' since that VTT doesn't have a built-in calendar. It had this functionality and made my life as DM easier.

One thing I would suggest: A goodMorning function/button. This would automatically advance time to 6am, whether the current time is 1:13pm and 16 hours and 47 minutes, or it's 1:13 am, so only 4 hours 47 minutes from then.

Sure, the DM do the math to get there. But it's nice to have one button to do it for you after the PCs decide to call it a day and you want to advance to the next morning, whatever amount of time it is.

Also, can we use command-line function calls? Or only the UI? It would be nice to be able to advance time an hour after a short rest by just clicking a hotbar button.
    i haven't grasped slash handlers yet, unfortunately. but i have added a row for setting the date, as well as included adjusters for the month and year.

Thanks for the update. Personally I think that setting a specific date can be done via calendar instead and a simple button to advance a day might be more useful.

Thank you for this awesome extension, it is very useful, as pulling up the calendar all the time can be a little annoying. This way I can tell and change the date in a heartbeat. Nice!

I agree with Three of Swords and Weissrolf, that advancing a day in one click would be very useful. Even more so if (optionally) coupled with the long rest mechanic for the PC Characters (5E mechanics in mind).

Ideally something like this:
    Button 1: Set time to next day x am/pm
    Button 2: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours
    Button 3: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours - Execute FGU long rest mechanic
    Button 4: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes
    Button 5: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes - Execute FGU short rest mechanic

If this is possible and you are willing to try it, I could create some small graphics for you if you wish.

Cheers
    Sir Motte
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 10th, 2020 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Could you add the version number into the extension name or add a changelog into your main post, so spotting updates is easier in the future?
    Thank you for this awesome extension, it is very useful, as pulling up the calendar all the time can be a little annoying. This way I can tell and change the date in a heartbeat. Nice!
    there, i just put one up there, i'm pretty sure that's all I've done.

and yes, i felt the same, especially for the Alien RPG where it almost seems like time is a resource of itself despite cryotubes and FTL travel. This has kind of inspired me to look into making an Event extension, where maybe you can put information into the calendar log, specify times and stuff, and then when it's triggered, the current event is displayed somewhere for the GM to see. i'll have to look into the calendar log entries and see if that's a fairly easy thing to do or not. fingers crossed, i think it'd be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Thanks for the update. Personally I think that setting a specific date can be done via calendar instead and a simple button to advance a day might be more useful.
    perhaps i can make it so you could scale down so the extra stuff you don't need can be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post

I agree with TheeOfSwords and Weissrolf, that advancing a day in one click would be very useful. Even more so if (optionally) coupled with the long rest mechanic for the PC Characters (5E mechanics in mind).

Ideally something like this:
    Button 1: Set time to next day x am/pm
    Button 2: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours
    Button 3: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours - Execute FGU long rest mechanic
    Button 4: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes
    Button 5: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes - Execute FGU short rest mechanic

If this is possible and you are willing to try it, I could create some small graphics for you if you wish.

Cheers
    Sir Motte
    for now, i've made a 5e specific version which drops the "set" time fields, and adds two new fields, one is for short rests, the other is for long rests. double-clicking will add the specified number in hours as well as give the party a rest as though you did so from the combat tracker menu.

Thread Information