STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Parcel Issues Savage World

Hello and good morning all!

I'm new to FG and Savage Worlds but I'm currently having an issue creating parcels with items. I drag the link to items (a sword for example) and ...nothing happens. Thought perhaps, being new I'm just doing something stupid, but I can create parcels just fine in 5e, and core. Only in SW will they just not seem to drag over. I've made some previously just for testing in SW, but in the last couple of days, it seems to have just...stopped working for me. I've tried updating and even starting a new campaign folder...no dice there either. I posted it here since it only seems to be happening in SW. Help?

Thanks, folks!

I've just tried to drag items to Parcels. It works just fine.
    Make sure you've unlocked the parcel before dragging items in. I find that when it is locked, dragging does nothing.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah...the dragging isn't working. I made sure it was unlocked as well. Thing is...I've populated parcels before and now I can't. If I switch to 5e or core...parcels work as they should, i.e., I can just drag them right over. I'm only having the issue with the Savage World campaigns. I've even made a new SW campaign to test and it doesn't work there either. Wierd. Just wondering if there might be some setting I may have clicked by accident perhaps?

Blog Entries
    I can duplicate. Newest ruleset version, fresh campaign, no extensions. Items won't drop out of the master item window (didn't try from elsewhere) but I can right click in the parcel window and create a new item manually just fine.

Yeah...I can do that as well. Knowing that it can be duplicated is useful data! Thanks, Talyn!

The new item created by right-clicking is useful for generic items only. I can't seem to get it to make a weapon for example. There is no place to put the 'type', 'damage', 'raise damage', etc., in the newly created item. I tried dragging a weapon from the character sheet on a whim to the parcel and no dice there either.

Hopefully Ikael sees this and drops a quick fix.

I cannot reproduce this. Can you provide step by step instruction how to reproduce it?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Load into FGU, fresh campaign. Create a new parcel. Open the Items master index window and try to drop anything onto the parcel.

So far no dice. Logged into FGU, created a fresh campaign, created a parcel, then dragged item to the parcel (nada). Had the SWADE GM and Player Guide modules loaded (so I could have Items), but nothing else.

I then created another different fresh SWADE campaign, with NO modules loaded and just created an item to drag to the parcel. Still nothing.

Then, to make sure I'm just not completely crazy or stupid , I created a fresh 5e campaign and did the same process as above. Both times in the 5e campaigns the parcels were created nicely. Very intuitive process. Basically the behavior is that of the parcel being locked when it isn't.

I tried on FGC and worked fine. Might be a FGU issue only

Thread Information