DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extra attacks in one roll?

Is there a way, or some extension that allows me to roll multiple attacks in one scroll
    Example: A barbarian with 2 attacks, I click once on the attack and he already rolls both attacks?

Blog Entries
    Cuz clicking twice is so hard? *G*

In 3.5 I know there is a way for multiple attacks to be triggered by one click/action, but their is no similar method in 5E.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It is not at all difficult for me to double-click, I just took the initiative to ask instead of a friend who was too lazy to ask here on the forum and who still has strong ties to roll20. Gradually I try to show him the differences between both platforms and that certain changes that he asks or quotes are useless, laziness or unwillingness of him or the players. I tell him that yes, there are a lot of autamations to speed up, but that if everything is automated it will lose its grace. That the purpose of the platform is to make it easier for the masters to manage and produce adventures, but that these adventures will not arise just by opening the FG, which he has to produce, just as he did at the time of the presential table. That the characters will not come out of nowhere but that they must be created by someone. That automation exists to facilitate and not to self-play.

Its not automated with 5e. I think primarily because there are so many cases where you absolutely do not want it to auto trigger.

for example:
    I make an attack, the NPC uses a reaction to alter the attack, or stop it. Or someone else uses a reaction. There are so many things that can occur between rolling the attack and rolling the damage that automating it would cause you to have to go back and redo stuff constantly. Now consider if you have multiple attacks, but you want them on separate targets. I think it would cause far more problems than the extra half-second it takes to click it again. Also, if you make multiple attacks, you need to roll damage between them as you want things like CRITs to be applied to the correct roll.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    @Yako, I get it. And you have a great attitude/approach. I hope you took my reply with the levity (humor) it was intended to be taken with.

Keep on fighting the good fight! And show the masses of Roll20 folks how much better FG is

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

its as exactly as mattekure says... so many things can happen in between rolls that it makes it hard to envision it realisticly.. another good example.. what if the players first attack kills the bad guy (or knocks unconscious depending on how you play)? auto-rolling twice means the player just wasted an attack beating a dead body, when it could have been used to possibly use the second attack on another monster/bad guy

Well i found out that when you are the GM and have 2 hydras each one with 8 grown heads, it kinda takes a long time to roll 16 attacks, each one followed by damage. It would be really nice if it is implemented in near future

Welcome to FG.

As noted in this thread this will never happen because of the so many situations where you do not want to roll all the attacks at once, and in fact doing so would cause you to lose a lot more time trying to undo or unravel situations which happened because you rolled everything all at once.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, i agree undoing possible mistakes could be unproductive, but, let's say, make it "hold 'alt' while attacking" or create a line where you roll 'x' attacks could be useful sometimes, as the hydra example? It's just a suggestion ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to FG.

As noted in this thread this will never happen because of the so many situations where you do not want to roll all the attacks at once, and in fact doing so would cause you to lose a lot more time trying to undo or unravel situations which happened because you rolled everything all at once.
    I wouldn't say "never". It would actually be pretty trivial to add a "value" option next to a attack/power to have it run more the X times. Doing that would also make it pretty simple to disable it as well.

Mind you I'm not the 5e dev but it would be a simple extension if they didnt want to do it natively.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information