STAR TREK 2d20

windowinstance.minimize() fails in FGU

[5/6/2020 12:47:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/menubutton.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'minimize' (a table value)

line 78: windowDropDown.minimize();

WindowDropDown is a windowinstance:
    [5/6/2020 12:52:44 AM] s'menulist.lua' | s'onInit' | s'windowDropDown' | windowinstance = { class = menus_dropwindow, node = nil, x,y,w,h = 501,373,20,20 }

This works in FGC.

PS. if this functionality just isn't there yet in FGU please also consider adding a <minimize /> (no icon) for windows that want to hide w/o icon displaying...unless there is some other way to do that.
    Last edited by celestian; May 6th, 2020 at 07:05.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    [5/6/2020 12:47:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/menubutton.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'minimize' (a table value)

line 78: windowDropDown.minimize();

WindowDropDown is a windowinstance:
    [5/6/2020 12:52:44 AM] s'menulist.lua' | s'onInit' | s'windowDropDown' | windowinstance = { class = menus_dropwindow, node = nil, x,y,w,h = 501,373,20,20 }

This works in FGC.

PS. if this functionality just isn't there yet in FGU please also consider adding a <minimize /> (no icon) for windows that want to hide w/o icon displaying...unless there is some other way to do that.
    Minimize is not yet implemented and is in the list of known differences.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Minimize is not yet implemented and is in the list of known differences.
    Understood. For now I'll write a hack to just not use this added feature in FGU until it's there.
    Last edited by celestian; May 6th, 2020 at 16:08.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Understood. For now I'll write a hack to just not use this added feature in FGU until it's there.
    Speaking of hacks, a new update should be pushed today that includes significant changes to the text rendering. The FGU specific positioning of text in the 2E menu should no longer be necessary with this update. This should apply to anywhere that you are overriding the text positions based on FGC/FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Speaking of hacks, a new update should be pushed today that includes significant changes to the text rendering. The FGU specific positioning of text in the 2E menu should no longer be necessary with this update. This should apply to anywhere that you are overriding the text positions based on FGC/FGU.
    Thanks, I'll try and review tonight after patch and clean those tweaks up.
    ---

I posted a follow up to when this was added, it still has some issues.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...inimize-in-FGU
    ---

Has their been any updates related to the minimize features? I suspect the toggleWindow might be the culprit as mentioned before but that is speculation. While running the same code in FGC it works so ... that's my guess.
    ---

Thread Information