FG Spreadshirt Swag

Deus ex Machina - Saturdays 8pm-11pm GMT - d20 Modern

Greetings and salutations. I'm a DM of minor experience, having run several D&D campaigns via several mediums (pen and paper, more recently the video game Neverwinter Nights). My interest in modern/futuristic settings has recently been re-awakened, not least due to the success of a magical-technology I ran via NWN, and my recent acquisition of the d20 Modern books (as well as the d20 Modern modification for Fantasy Grounds).

As such, I intend to be starting a new campaign entitled Deus ex Machina. The game will be a weekly affair, running at 8pm-10pm GMT every Saturday; hopefully starting on the 24th March. Characters will start at level one.

I've already gathered a few players from my ring of associates, but I'm looking for one or two more to fill out the group. So far we have a Charismatic heroine, and a Tough hero (provisionally, leastways).

My DMing style is usually fairly storyline and NPC-oriented, but I'm always aiming to improve my use of the rules and decrease my use of the DM's caveat. With Deus ex Machina I'm aiming for a story-based campaign that utilises the d20 Modern ruleset as far as possible (I really do love some of the elements it uses above and beyond D&D and other d20 system games).

The campaign is set starting in 2010, in a world fairly like the one we live in now, with near-identical economic and geo-political structure. I aim to capitalise on a certain pulp-fiction element as far as sub-stories and the overall plot-arc go (pulp-fiction in terms of the genre, as opposed to the Tarantino film). I gave the following spiel to those players already wishing to play, as a starting premise for our first session:

Having received a letter of confirmation from Josef Steinbeck, the man whose signature was on the original letter of job employment, you find yourself on a cold Thursday morning, at 9:10am, entering the once-popular bistro of the Blanched Escargot, in one of the river-side neighbourhoods of the French capital Paris. The letter went on to inform you that you would there be met by a contact, who would give you further instructions on how to proceed. The whole sequence of events seems quite out-of-the-ordinary, but hell, perhaps you’re used to things that most would call out-of-the-ordinary. Whatever the reasoning, it’s obvious that Mr Steinbeck and Department-7 are not the sort of organisation one finds an advert for in a job paper...

If anyone is interested in playing, or if you have a question, please do either PM me or ask in this thread.

Many thanks, and looking forward to DMing for you if so inclined,

-- Von Stalhein

Thanks to those who displayed interest in the campaign. I've now secured a reasonable number of players, and so applications to play in the campaign are now closed. If openings for players become available, I shall post again to that end.

Cheers,

-- Von Stalhein

Thread Information