FG Spreadshirt Swag

Levelling Up/Down questions

While I love the ability to simply drag and drop a level and have all the stats updated - there is one thing my players and I miss and thats rolling hit points for each new level gained. Is there a way to turn off the auto roll fo HPs when you gain a level? Currently we do this manually.

Also while I am asking for nice to haves, is there any chance we could get the following added, as when we play when a level is lost we revert to the previous levels, hit points, XP and skills (such as thieving abilities). Also its nice to have a journal of what and when you acheived things for your character.

1. A level by level history of HP gained.
    2. A journal of XP gained/lost. ie not only ability to add XP, but a small note to accompany it to describe how it was gained/lost!- and a runnig tally of this XP instead of just a total.
    3. A level by level journal of the Thieves skills (PP, OL etc)

I realise they will be way down on any list as of to do's but putting them out there as nice to haves (well for me at least) - thanks.

Blog Entries
    You could make a Note for each PC and have the player enter what was modified and by how much on level gain. Throw some of the responsibility towards your players - DMs have enough to worry about as it is.

I suspect tracking this stuff automatically may very well be a big headache.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You could also export the characters as Soandso-L01 and add L02, L03, etc. Soandso would be replaced with the character name. Then when you want you can just import the appropriate character levels.

Yep, thanks for ideas guys, just trying to get FGU to do most of the heavy lifting - none of the above is a major issue for any of the players to keep track of - just means a bit of house keeping much like a regular f2f game... no harm in asking though

Blog Entries
    Best way; if as a DM you're going to drain levels, go all the way and kill the PC.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Yep, thanks for ideas guys, just trying to get FGU to do most of the heavy lifting - none of the above is a major issue for any of the players to keep track of - just means a bit of house keeping much like a regular f2f game... no harm in asking though
    FGU will do most of the heavy lifting if you export the character. It is a matter of clicking edit in the character window, clicking the export button on the character and entering the name to save as (which is where I would put the level). It will then save a snapshot of the character at that exact point in time.

You can then import the character if they are reduced in level and the player can copy over any equipment changes that need to be done. It is very fast for you and probably faster for players than trying to log and calculate changes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Best way; if as a DM you're going to drain levels, go all the way and kill the PC.
    Level draining is far more insidious IMHO, and frightens the PCs more, as they have worked long and hard to get that XP - especially at higher levels, and then bam all gone by the simple touch of a level drainer, only a few ways to get it back, do the long slog through gaining XP again, or find a limited/wish or most likely try and find a 14th Level cleric who iis willing enough to cast Restoration, age themselves 2 years and also the recipient...(dont forget sys shock for unnatural aging!). Dying is something the characters face every time they enter melee - undead level drainers are fearsome foes that no one wants to face...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Level draining is far more insidious IMHO, and frightens the PCs more, as they have worked long and hard to get that XP - especially at higher levels, and then bam all gone by the simple touch of a level drainer, only a few ways to get it back, do the long slog through gaining XP again, or find a limited/wish or most likely try and find a 14th Level cleric who iis willing enough to cast Restoration, age themselves 2 years and also the recipient...(dont forget sys shock for unnatural aging!). Dying is something the characters face every time they enter melee - undead level drainers are fearsome foes that no one wants to face...
    Yeah that is very true... death gets faced down but the prospect of losing a year's worth of XP in a single roll... terrifies people.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information